Cut 'n Paste content

Matt

It has never really been a major problem, but recently I've noticed an increase in news articles being cut 'n paste from other sites.

In most cases this content would be protected by a copyright.

If you'd like to post (copy and paste) a news article or content from another site post the first few lines of the article with a link to the full article.

Exceptions will be made for anyone posting their own news releases, content etc.

Would it still be an infringement if acknowledgement is given to the scource?????? In the case of Road Bike Rider(RBR) I post snippets from their newsletter but always refer to RBR??????

WTF is admin ? Die gemaskerde sopbeen? of is dit 1 van die regulars op die hub?

Oeeeee, jy speel met die verkeede leeu se bal ou pel...

Admin would be the guy who owns this site and makes the rules on content.  I did mention it last week about the news article posting - not only is it a copyright infringement, it is tedious as I (and many others I'm sure) browse the news every day so we don't need to see the same articles reported on the Hub verbatim with no comment from the poster.

i've been guilty of this, and i should know better (i work for a major news outlet). sorry. i just like to share. maybe just posting a link with a comment is better?

I must say, I quite like having the articles posted here. Saves me the trouble of having to go browse 5 different cycling sites...

i can understand that, fandacious, but there are copyright issues. maybe us copy/paster hubbers could post a precis of an interesting article and just tell peeps where to find it?

On my request I received the following from the Editor of Beeld:-

"Hallo Hendrik

Beeld het inderdaad kopiereg op die stories. Jy kan wel 'n link na ons stories plaas.

Groete

Peet Kruger"

News24 also has a copyright clause.

Guys, it should be general knowledge that it is ethically correct to credit writers, photographers, artists and publications for their work, even if no copyright exist.

If you publish something someone else has written verbatim, it is plagiarism anyway!

Die ou mense het ges?: "Hy ploeg met 'n ander man se kallers".

Nomad2007-07-16 16:23:14

Think back to the who the moer in we were when some people used Crux's pics.  The authors we "copy and paste" is probably feeling the same.

On my request I received the following from the Editor of Beeld:-

"Hallo Hendrik

Beeld het inderdaad kopiereg op die stories. Jy kan wel 'n link na ons stories plaas.

Groete

Peet Kruger"

News24 also has a copyright clause.

Hey.. isnt the email he sent you also copyright? Check his disclaimer/copyright clause... I bet you just violated something there... Tongue

Also, how do news syndication sites get away with it? Surely news.google.com must have lawsuits brought against it every day?