Help: 6Bolt vs Centerlock

IdeJongh

What was the route like back then?

Relatively flat, three small bumps in the middle of the route, starts with long single track (bit of congestion), widens out, small hills, rutted downhills (watch out!) and single track/jeep track combo to the end (much fun).

Good route in general.

PS just placed my order with CRC, can wait for my new wheels!!!!!Big%20smile

IdeJongh - you may hit a brick wall trying to get Mavic wheels via CRC, if you are ordering from SA. It specifically says they will not ship Mavic products to customers outside of the EU...at least it did when I tried to get some CrossMark SL's last year.

Be interested to hear if you experience otherwise...maybe this has changed? 

[color=#000000">IdeJongh[/color"> - you may hit a brick wall trying to get Mavic wheels via CRC' date= if you are ordering from SA. It specifically says they will not ship Mavic products to customers outside of the EU...at least it did when I tried to get some CrossMark SL's last year.

?

Be interested to hear if you experience otherwise...maybe this has changed??
[/quote]

I don't know if it is just the factory built wheels but they build a set of wheels using Mavic rims for me and no problems at all.

Bad thing about centrelock, is shimano.

I've tried about 6 shops in the last two days to find 130/140mm centrelock rotors and no-one has them. Most rotors on crc are also 6bolt.

Bad thing about centrelock' date=' is shimano.I've tried about 6 shops in the last two days to find 130/140mm centrelock rotors and no-one has them. Most rotors on crc are also 6bolt.

[/quote']

I don't think you will ever find 130mm but 140mm c-lock is only available for XTR. Otherwise look for Alligator or Hope and use the adaptor.

BTW, you will only be able to put 140 on the back as there are no such adapters for the front. To use one on the back just look for a 160mm FRONT IS-POST adapter. Shimano SA does not know this and told me they do not have stock of the rear ones.

Was looking for 140mm, but guys at fritz pienaar told me they make 130mm. Was surprised to hear this.

I have a is-post adapter for a 140mm I think, because my brake caliper doesn't fit over my 160mm rotor.