Hill training

I found that walking at a really steep angle on the My-mountain walkers in the gym helped with doing hills.

But the angle must be steep 25-40 degrees at least. Do this 2-3 times a week.

Hope this helps. :)

Gtracing what time is the Kyalami race track open from?

Still opens at 5pm I think, then goes on till sunset.

• 1 month later...

Still opens at 5pm I think, then goes on till sunset.

This worked for me too.

Up the other side of mine shaft as the cars race is shorter and steepr.

Makes for some nice full effort intervals.

Interval training is the best to better climb hills! Do different types of intervals on bridges as well, for example go flat out for about 200m going uphill on a bridge, rest for 90 seconds. Repeat 8 or 10 times. Rest about 3 minutes when you have done half the reps. Gym also has a huge benefit!

[i am a sport scientist, contact me at maryke.verster87@gmail.com if you want any more advice on training.]

as jy op jou vinnigste/hardste trap en jou fiets begin agteruit loop moet jy weet: " the hill is steep enough" :D

The Kyalami Hill is too short.

I do two type of hills.

A 3 minute hill: climb it six to ten times with 3 minutes rest inbetween, (85-90% HrMax)

A 10 minute hill: climb it three to 4 times with 5 minutes rest inbetween, (75-85% HrMax)

A 10 minute hill: climb it three to 4 times with 5 minutes rest inbetween, (75-85% HrMax)

Presumably Northcliff, or have you managed to find some other conveniently nearby longer hills?

Presumably Northcliff, or have you managed to find some other conveniently nearby longer hills?

BTW: Where you been hiding? I'm about to resign from Cresta and join another club.

I've been hibernating and nursing some tendonitis in my knee. Starting up again now that my setup's been fixed.