Training rides from Cedar Square?

Greetings all,

I will be riding with Cycle Lab on Saturday, Keen to ride in a group for safety reasons due to what happened in the Vaal triangle last Sunday....

Have a red and white specialized with white helmet, keen to meet up?

PS That route profile looks good, but these JHB roads.... how safe are they really?

Marktd

Only just saw your post. I would have joined you but i wussed out yesterday. Drove to Cyclelab, got out the car, felt the wind, got back in the car and went home. Moped around all day because I did not ride, although I did make it up with 1 1/2 hours on IDT this morning.

I will be back there next week though.

How did you enjoy it? From wht I saw when I was there, yesterdays groups must have been tiny.

Hi Marktd,

I manage the Cycle Lab Supercycling Club. Pls drop me a email and i will send you the group breakdown per average speeds that leave from the lab on a Saturday. Pls feel free to join in as a guest.
As 'word' said the route you explained to Kyalami is not a very safe one. Come try us out, you will soon meet up with riders of a similar strength/fitness and you can set up extra rides with them.
ali  - clubpr@cyclelab.com.

We also have beginner clinics every Saturday that would be perfect for your wife to re-gain her cycling confidence till she is ready to join in the D group and work herself back to fitness.  

ps. Word - thanks fro the support! (I am curious as to who you are???)

H All,

Saturday was like riding in the UK! 3 pairs of socks, 3 tops and a wind shell! Well at least the sun was shining! I took the road bike out of the car and put in the MTB and spent 1h30 discovering Northern farm! It was great appart from the wind ramming the fresh stench of fertilizer up your nose - actually better than deisel fumes!

Ok next Saturday I WILL ride with cycle lab, and maybe even join as I am getting tired of riding on my own.

Regarding that Kyalami route - I agree that was a bad idea.

Ali, Ill be dropping you an email.

Cheers