HR tydens spinning

webs

Ek gebruik my heart rate monitor as ek spinning klasse doen.

Sukkel om my heart rate op te kry. Op die pad is dit nie 'n probleem nie, maar net op die spinning bike.

Hoe stoot ek my heart rate op? Moet ek die resistance op stel of die cadence lig. Voel al klaar amper flat out, omdat spinning se cadence al klaar hoog is.

Webs, my first reply would be to add resistance but ensure that you keep the same cadence (hence, don't slow cadence down when you increase your resistance). This should help pick it up.

I also find that mine suddenly goes up when I stand.

I assume you mean when u stand on the bike... if it shoots up just from standing, there might be something wrong with you Tongue

you legs are not strong enough OR if you do not warm up properly your legs are still "slpeepy" so it feels you work hard but you actually not doing much to your body.

I assume you mean when u stand on the bike... if it shoots up just from standing' date=' there might be something wrong with you Tongue
[/quote']

Your assumption is correctLOLBig%20smile

Nothing wrong with me, except that I don't wash my bibs by hand!!

also, there isn't the stress of being out on the road, and neither the temperatures, wind and other factors like... (hills???)

also' date=' there isn't the stress of being out on the road, and neither the temperatures, wind and other factors like... (hills???)

[/quote']

Yes, but there ARE girls in tight lycra, which should compensate for the loss of those other HR raising factors

Onthou op die pad moet jy nog die fiets regop hou. Nie op die spinbike nie. Jy moet maar net nog harder trap.

I thought the whole point of why men went to spinning classes was the girls in tight lycra? You mean some of you are actually TRAINING?!

Hee hee, just kidding, WW's advice seems sound. also look at time of day that you ride road vs spinning. May play a role?

I struggle to get my HR up in spinning classes. After 5 minutes I am lucky If I reach 160.

Cycling at Kyalami I can get my HR up to 175 after 2.5-3 minutes (mineshaftBig%20smile).

Doesn't make sense to me???

Gumpole, you are sitting on the spinning bike (stands on its own) and at Kyalami you have to keep the bike upwright.

HR is different for different sports.  The easiest way to get HR up, is to use more muscles.  This increases demand for blood (sugar, oxygen)

Cycling on the road uses more arms and core than spinning -- so HR is expected to be higher.  The extra muscles are used for balance and leverage.

Cycling off-road uses even more.

In other words: spinning, road and off-road are different sports, and put different stresses on different muscles, resulting in different HR.

Running uses a lot of the same muscles, but your running HR is probably different than your cycling HR for the same effort level.  You could try cross-country skiing.  The HR is highest here, because it uses the most muscles of any sport.

Otherwise put a power meter in the spinning bike.  That way you can compare what's going to the chain and wheel.

jaa bit balancing a bike doesn't take any effort. My ave HR at the end of the spinning class was 169 yesterday, which is the same as kyalami, it just takes a long time to get it to a high level.

I often find I can keep my HR higher for longer on a spinning bike. (Maybe it is cause I was teaching the class and couldn't cheat)