All clubs riding SBR

shaunh

Guest Big H
Excelent idea Shaun.

I just can't help thinking though' date=' that where the road splits at the top of the koppie, there is a big No-Entry sign that is difficult even for the dumbest dumbass to miss. The staff are all to aware of the road traffic direction so I see little point in putting up additional signage.

The problem as I see it is far more deeply rooted. The SAPS do very little about major crime and are likely to do less about petty crime. Even Metro are as usefull as an ash-tray on a Harley. They are too busy manning speed cameras and are no-where to be seen when it comes to tackling the idjits using the emergency lanes and driving on the wrong side of the road.

When we can get this issue sorted, maybe motorists in general, will pay more attention to road signage. I do hope that your venture is sucessful though. Maybe we shouldbe talking to metro since people in general ignore road and traffic signs.

All those signs you have along Klip River. Damn fine mate, damn fine. It does not, unfortunately, stop idjits from taking to the emergency lanes to get the jump on traffic stopped at the Panorama Traffic light. It also doesn't stop the f%ckwits from using the emergency lane going up butchers hill.

There needs to be a fundamental shift in attitude before your signs will have the intended effect.

Just my opinion.
[/quote']

Metro Police will  most likely not have any jurisdiction in the reaserve.

I have not ridden there, but are speedbumps, in the risky areas not an option to force the cars to slow down, specifically on the blind rises?

Guest Big H

Sppedbumps can definitely help. The design need to be well thought out though. There needs to be small gaps on the shoulder and the centreline of the speed bump, roughly 300mm wide, to allow the safe passage of road bikes. The shoulders needs to be obstructer for some way into the veld to ensure or channelise vehicles over the speedbump.

Even in Angola where there are no real rules of the road they slow down to a crawl for the MIGHTY speedbump.