View from the top

TomvdP

Took David out for his first MTB ride on 26 April in the Hex Valley. 

20100507_071757_David1.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, I thought I was automatically subscribed when I started the thread - thought it had corked - this is the first time I've seen it since!

That pic from Tokai mast by Tarmac is actually what gave me the idea, I was there that day and wished I had a camera with me, I don't go cycling without one now.

I'm doing the Tru-Cape tomorrow and don't know what to do, I usually put the camera in the 2nd bottle holder...

edit: to get up to the Block House really isn't hard, you can get up from any side and there are to many different routes that you can carry your bike up 45 degree inclines or have a relaxed ride up (or something inbetween). Once you are up there there is a fantastic track along the side going towards the cable car that then drops (very rapidly) down to Tafelberg Road.

tom8932010-05-07 07:31:47

True cape single track can get hectic, Make sure that cam is very well padded and protected

And here's RaymondC's view from the other side. This was taken from one of the upper contours of Helderberg looking out towards Steenbras.

20100507_075810_24022010495.jpg

Tru-Cape, took my cellphone in the end...

20100509_024824_Photo-0008c.jpg

20100509_024849_Photo-0009c.jpg

Taken with a Samsung B2100, which I can highly recommend - every time I took it out of my pocket it looked like I had actually been dragging it behind be - covered in water, mud and sand!

El-Gringo, where is that? Looks like Fisherhaven/Betty's Bay

tom8932010-05-09 02:52:27