Sonic Link: How does it work??!!??

Squier

I found that once you get it working, you never have a hassle again. Google this problem and go through some of the solutions. I got mine to work after playing around with my laptop's mic settings and actually finding the spot where my mic was located...mine was near my built-in webcam....Also I found that in a open space like a office you have better results because of echoes. Good luck man, it took me a 12 hours and 15 beers to get working.

Sonic link does work...

I run Vista and it works and not many things work on Vista...

It does however sometimes stuff out. Programs that might want to use the mic may influence performance... like skype or audio mixer software.

I also found that it needs to be quiet when you do the upload. Cyclists tend to be a chatty lot...

I have about 6 months' rides uploaded to personaltrainer.

Sonic Link works very well.

1.  Make sure no firewall issues at work, I do it at home with 3G

2.  Plug any earphone (I use iPod earphones) into MIC socket, not earphone socket, did that a couple of times

3.  Hold watch in hand along with earpiece

4.  Click listen on application

5.  Click send on watch

6.  Bobs ur uncle!

Max' date=' you dont perhaps know if it will work on Windows 7, 64bit?[/quote']

Not a clue, I still need to take the plunge into W7.

The way to go (by the looks of things) is to figure out how/where your mic works.

And check your settings in the app itself. Normally when mine doesn't want to work off the bat, it's because my GF changed the settings to CS200. (I have a CS300, GF has a CS200)

Sonic link does work...
I run Vista and it works and not many things work on Vista...

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

So true, gives me some hope at least.
Squier2010-05-17 08:46:48

?

1.? Make sure no firewall issues at work' date=' I do it at home with 3G

2.? Plug any earphone (I use iPod earphones) into MIC socket, not earphone socket, did that a couple of times

3.? Hold watch in hand along with earpiece

4.? Click listen on application

5.? Click send on watch

6.? Bobs ur uncle!
[/quote']

I hang my watch over the laptop screen. That places the watch directly over my laptop's mic array (fancy laptop, ooohh 3D sound... whatever). The rest is exactly as IdeJongh

1.  Make sure no firewall issues at work' date=' I do it at home with 3G

2.  Plug any earphone (I use iPod earphones) into MIC socket, not earphone socket, did that a couple of times

5.  Click send on watch

6.  Bobs ur uncle!
[/quote']

My mic is built in. Plugging in a mic or headphones is not an option, not for me and not for many other people. I'm sorry, but what the fack is wrong with a USB output? It's hardly expensive technology. USB drives go for 10c a pop now days.

1.  Make sure no firewall issues at work' date=' I do it at home with 3G

5.  Click send on watch

6.  Bobs ur uncle!
[/quote']

My mic is built in. Plugging in a mic or headphones is not an option, not for me and not for many other people. I'm sorry, but what the fack is wrong with a USB output? It's hardly expensive technology. USB drives go for 10c a pop now days.

I use external MIC bought at Incredible Connection.  I believe background noises does make a difference. When holding the watch, I actually cap my hand in order to cut out any background noises and also turn down the volume on ie TV, Video's and Dogs barkingBig%20smile.    Never have a problem- Only one I had was the one  IdeJongh explained in 2 ( Very clever!!LOL)

I have the Polar settings on Low Volume Option, and then in my audio setup and under microphones I have a Boost Mic option. I ticked this box and I have never had a problem since.

The watch or polar unit does need to be pretty close to the mic and it does help if there is not a hectic amount of background noise.

Good Luck