L'equipe Thursday 26th

Irishj9

Suppose the fact that if you mis a test before a major tour starts you are not allowed to paticipate was missed by most. He should never have taken part in the tour!!!!

Now for most of the detectives out there! He says he was in Mexico, some prick (maybe not if he is right) thinks he saw him in Italy.

PASSPORT!!!!! Surely there is some concrete proof that he went to Mexico. Must have got on a flight and had to show somebody a passport. Surely this is a simple way to verify his whereabouts.  

I believe there is doping in cycling, but also think that these guys are persecuted on flimsy evidence and never have a leg to stand on once they have been accused.

Now for most of the detectives out there! He says he was in Mexico' date=' some prick (maybe not if he is right) thinks he saw him in Italy.

PASSPORT!!!!! Surely there is some concrete proof that he went to Mexico. Must have got on a flight and had to show somebody a passport. Surely this is a simple way to verify his whereabouts.  

I believe there is doping in cycling, but also think that these guys are persecuted on flimsy evidence and never have a leg to stand on once they have been accused.
[/quote']

I think someone mentioned it before, but he probably confessed to his team that he was lying. I am sure they would not have fired him based on what someone else said. They probably confronted him after the comments about his whereabouts hit the news and he confessed. His own confession should be enough to fire him. Why lie to your team? Rabobank will probably not again allow any of their riders the freedom they gave Rasmussen.

The manager and coach are just as guilty. Imagine Austin's team is in next years Tour, and for a whole month before the tour he doesnt know where his top rider is. That is ridiculous. You talk every day about the training. Its like the month before the Tour you send your guys on leave.