Bridge Cycles Tokai Night rides - Thursday nights

david16v

Hey guys' date=' weather is looking good for Thursday!

Unfortunately Mark wont be joining us this week as he had a bit of a woopsee last week! He will however, be there for about 10-15mins to hand out lights to the guys that would like to experience night riding for the first time.
If you guys then decide that night riding is for you then you can always see Mark2 @ Bridge to purchase some lights!!Tongue

Last week we had 6 riders, hopefully we can get more guys together this week.

Will update closer to the ride!!! Don`t forget to charge your lights!
[/quote']

BC's Clap. The marketing has started!! I have a poor light, what lights will be handed out?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How much lighting do you need for one of these rides - head torch or bike mounted or both?

What are you all using?

Most of us are using Blackburn sl8.

It all depends on what kind of riding you want to do.

If you keen on doing single track on the way down then you probably gonna need some decent light. The Blackburn`s are perfect for this.

I personally ride with both lights mounted on the handle bars while some of the other guys like one on the bike and one on the helmet.

Mark2 will be handing out the `Magicshine` (http://www.magiclight.co.za/mj808-bike-light)  as well as some Sigma lights.    (I stand to be corrected.)

david16v2010-06-08 05:36:01

Hey Guys, Please let me know how many people need lights as Mark2 needs to know how many to bring.

Maybe we can try letting the slower riders start @ 18:45 and the faster guys @ 19:00?

Weather is looking great for tonight! See you guys there, 18:30 @ Total.

I was just gonna ask if this is still on.

I will be there @ 6:30 and have my own lights

Looking forward to it!

It`s on like Donky Kong!

Got 5 riders from my side (my riding group), the more the merrier! That`s excluding the riders from the hub who might join!

Could be a total of 10 or more.

Awesome, awesome weather!

Can only join in next week, busy sorting out my MTB. But I dont mind coming thru to take some pic's.

In my mind, if I didn`t have a bike to ride and its frickin cold outside, I would probably rather go to club duvet! LOL

In my mind' date=' if I didn`t have a bike to ride and its frickin cold outside, I would probably rather go to club duvet! LOL [/quote']

Just shows you my passion for the sportThumbs%20Up and I'm pretty much sure there are Hubbers out there that feel the same hey.

Awesome, awesome ride last night! To those who joined, thanks for the great vibe and a thank-you definitely goes out to Kevin for all the laughs!

See you guys next Thursday (weather depending) @ 18:30.

Wow, I slept well last night.

Got home to warm supper - nice wife!

Cooker hot shower and then club duvet.

It was a great ride - I really enjoyed it.

I got a bit killed on the climbs though Embarrassed

Max temp 12 and min 9 degrees. Average temp was 11.

Hey guys, Thursday night is just around the corner and the weather is looking good!

Hopefully we have another great turn out like last week.

The route this week will be in the same direction as last week but we will continue up to the mast, and not be doing any path towards Silvermine. That will be plan A.

Plan B will be the exact same route as last week but we will tackle the gate via the lower path and come up after the waterfall and carry on to the Silvermine gate.

Please let me know if you guys need lights!

I will get my ride in tomorrow, so wont join you on Thursday.

Will be back next week though.

Enjoy!

Hey guys, Weather is looking absolutely perfect for tonight`s ride!

Gonna stick with plan A, going up several single tracks towards tarmac road, from there we will hit the mast! Exclamation

18:30 @ Total garage. See you guys there! Big%20smile

Not such a good turn out last night. Thanks to the guys that joined.  Clap

Rode straight up to the mast, no single track.

Hopefully the weather holds up for next week.

Next week`s night ride will be my last before Knysna, however Mark2 or Kevin will still be riding depending on the weather.