'Bicycle prices fixed'

gummibear

Guest coenie

Well said Muddy.....

I do not understand why they want the VIN number a Honda is a Honda does not matter hw it gets here....and what if someone Imegrates here of rides one from Scottland to here....then they do not not want to sell the parts?

I think that whole "official importer" is bull. Honda is Honda, Kawa is crap, Toyota is Toyota......

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of these LBS think that they can influence the customs treatment of CRC supplied goods, they will have a hard time doing it. The only way customs can black-flag an international supplier is to issue what is called a value determination. This is however only issued where the supplier and the importer have a relationship which may influence the price of goods imported.

Therefore, as CRC sells goods to all and sundry, there is no way in hell that anyone will be able to question that their prices are not at arm's length, and therefore no reason for a VDN (other than the obvious fact that unless your father is the owner of CRC, there is not relationship which to question in the first place.)

However, should a sole agent have restrictions on the disposal of any imported goods that would influence the price paid for those goods on importation, this would be a very different matter. So, if hypothetically, a component manufacturer uses a sole distribution agent, and places restrictions on how the goods may be sold by that agent and that has an influence on the price, then that agent would not only have a Comp Comm issue, but an impending customs valuation issue too.

Insofar as the comments regarding the classification of goods is concerned. The onus to correctly classify goods on importation is the importer, and not the supplier. So yes, if you instruct a clearing agent to clear goods under a certain heading and thereby avoid duties, you are committing an offence. If your clearing agent clears the goods and you benefit, you are still st risk, however you could potentially dispute the penalties against the clearing agent. Long story.

As for the postal clearances, customs officials actually make what is called a site clearance of the goods, which means that they take documentation from the packages and clear it, and may choose to inspect the goods to verify the classification if they think it's necessary. So therefore, if you say that postal clearances are incorrectly declared, you are actually saying that the customs officers are not doing their jobs. (I will leave that conclusion to you.)

All I am saying, that importers in glass houses should maybe not throw stones...

Yeah, agreed on all points. People dont often understand the differance between a commercial agreement between suppliers and an international agreement between trading partners. In a free and open economy like SA private folk, business operations, whoever can trade with who ever they like, this is clearly evident in all facets of society,an easy example is HI-FI CORPORATION who imports the same product as the official distributor and sells it retail,there are many other and actually from my understanding so do's CWC in Cape Town.

The ONLY time as I have also said a supplier may be flagged is if they have been involved in illegal activities, like under / over invoicing, misrepresentation on the invoice,selling illegal products into the country under false invoices etc.

On pricing, customs dont always accept the invoiced price as standard,they actually can and do check for under invoicing, especially on lines like clothing which attract heavy duties, its very simple they simply flag a specific tarriff and all items cleared under that tarriff are checked - usually they will call for a suppliers price list,check internet prices from that supplier, compare the invoice to price norms from the region and make a determination - if they suspect under invoicing they WILL impose a penalty and impose the duty and tax on the HIGHEST price they can determine in relation to the suppliers price list or normal prices from the region.

Most suppliers like CRC are well aware of this and well above board, they will never alter an invoice as if they are caught it could mean a fine and them been flagged.

I cant make it clearer, you can import any legitimate product into this country from any legitimate supplier without fear or concern, you only obligation is to do it legally and pay all relevant duties and taxes.

How uncomfortable did mighty mouse look answering that question on Super Cycling? <_<

How uncomfortable did mighty mouse look answering that question on Super Cycling? <_<

I felt sorry for the guy (not because of what they tried) but that he was put on the spot, speaking on behalf or everyone involved while the other shop owners have the comfort of hiding behind their shop counters.

ive just seen the minutes of the said meeting & people all i can say is.

They looied us straight in the dung funnel. Dont PM me for the minutes, youll not get it from me however

SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves

As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

never ever again will any of you ever even get a hint of the smell of my money again

Remember power is in the consumers hands, this is not a threat but rather some food for thought

More than ever now CWC & CRC youll be seeing my money.

I have heard people say why not start our own version of CRC in RSA / a local link to CRC! Has anyone consider how much it would cost to do this? Anyone got he buck to do it on the hub?

I happy to partner with a financial partner - most of the times my prices are far better than CRC price but I also only have so much money to play with (over R2million)! Even thought my supply chain is excellent!

If you have money that you want to invest email me icycling1@gmail.com.

So how do we buy from you then?

ive just seen the minutes of the said meeting & people all i can say is.

They looied us straight in the dung funnel. Dont PM me for the minutes, youll not get it from me however

SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING SHOCKING

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves

As the saying goes, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

never ever again will any of you ever even get a hint of the smell of my money again

Remember power is in the consumers hands, this is not a threat but rather some food for thought

More than ever now CWC & CRC youll be seeing my money.

So can u not publish these mins of the meeting for all of us too read and make judgement, PLEASE.

So can u not publish these mins of the meeting for all of us too read and make judgement, PLEASE.

nope i dont want to implicate myself in this whole saga & have legal action brought along my path. Ive got enough **** to worry about as is.

How bout those implicated publish it ?. That sounds more fun doesnt it ?

I dare you to publish it, as it was lekker nailing us behind our backs, now be man enough to publish what was said. We all wait in eagre anticipation

Publish the minutes anonymously, send them to the hub via via a gmail account, or simply create a fictitiuos user profile with said gmail address and publish them.

This stuff needs to get out

speaking of customs there are bicycle wholesalers that import frames in one shipment and parts in another shipment then then put it together here so as to avoid the 15% import duty.......often the frames come in airfreight and the parts kit via Sea.......

Publish the minutes anonymously, send them to the hub via via a gmail account, or simply create a fictitiuos user profile with said gmail address and publish them.

This stuff needs to get out

do not post the minutes !! There was a thread a long time ago that had the minutes in. They were removed as there are, as I understand, legal implications.

as you correctly say - dont put yourself into any hassles

nope i dont want to implicate myself in this whole saga & have legal action brought along my path. Ive got enough **** to worry about as is.

How bout those implicated publish it ?. That sounds more fun doesnt it ?

I dare you to publish it, as it was lekker nailing us behind our backs, now be man enough to publish what was said. We all wait in eagre anticipation

Yeah this need to get more then anything, it should become public knowlegde. Email it to me and Ill put them up, ive no probs or do it anonymously. Come on, the money grabbing bastards need to be taught a lesson.

Guest coenie

People you are getting angry at the wrong people here....Look at CWC...he imports everything himself and hence he can give us such good prices...but he has to give the warrentee etc on everything because the other dealers will not assisst?

Now don't be angry at the shops, be angry at the distributor....ie I contact Mavic directly for something....they just directed me the local agent WHO DID NOT/COULD NOT HELP ME....

Let every shop import their own stuff and then they can compete wrt pricing....have they not seen that CWC model is working.....?