Silverback Mercury 2

dracaena

Still wondering why it bugs people when someone posts a really good deal? Maybe SB should just raise its prices 3 fold then it will instantly be considered a class leader and a superb quality bike by bike snobs. If you dont like these threads then dont comment on them. Nobody is forcing you timmy.

That is no maybe. There are lots of bikes in the country that I've never even heard of but they have hefty price tags and sold in high-end stores. Now all of a sudden they are great bikes.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess it gets up peoples noses when Silverback employees pose as satisfied customers. State your intention clearly and honestly when you post and people won't rip the brand to shreds.

Would agree if i could prove they were employees, I can't though i am only aware of Joggie and Johan that every now and again posts on the forum and they have never marketed anything as far as I am aware.

BTW got the latest MTB review magazine from the UK, they loving the morewood Zula.

Also have to add of i got an add like that from ANY supplier in my inbox i would probably post it so that people who have that kind of cash and was looking for a brilliant deal could be made aware.

Would agree if i could prove they were employees, I can't though i am only aware of Joggie and Johan that every now and again posts on the forum and they have never marketed anything as far as I am aware.

BTW got the latest MTB review magazine from the UK, they loving the morewood Zula.

Also have to add of i got an add like that from ANY supplier in my inbox i would probably post it so that people who have that kind of cash and was looking for a brilliant deal could be made aware.

These hubbers have been challenged on previous occasions and very few deny that they work for Silberback. After seeing 4 or 5 similar posts and they don't defend the challenges, you become suspicious.

All the great reviews on the Zula is to be expected. In a way I want to keep it a secret - I dont like sharing something THAT awesome ;)

But seriously: Not too worried about Morewood becoming a household name - every Zula out there is unique as you spec and build the bike to your requirements. Don't like the approach that some of the newer Morewood suppliers have with a "one spec fits all" solution.

I have seen two posts, this one by dracaena, if you follow his profile and see what he has posted in the past he is obviously not a SB employee I mean FFS he is looking for cheap rear tires lol. I am sure if did work for SB he would have all the tyres his heart desires.

the other post, slightly suspect, but still doesnt mean he/she works for SB they could work for one of a 1000 bikes shops in this country.

I'm not knocking the brand, and it does seem to be a great deal. Do a search though, there has been a SB spam-fest of late. Don't dig it, that's all.

Let me just make this clear: I DON'T work in the cycle industry.

And yes, Covey, I did look for cheap MTB tyres before. ;)

I have also placed a group CRC order before. Some hubbers here in CT can attest to that.

I have also bought some second stuff from people.

I have NEVER placed a "For Sale" ad.

I can go on and on.

Thanks to those guys that appreciated the spirit behind this post:

It IS a good deal and I wanted to share it with you all.

To the "timmys" out there: Well the less said...

Let me just make this clear: I DON'T work in the cycle industry.

And yes, Covey, I did look for cheap MTB tyres before. ;)

I have also placed a group CRC order before. Some hubbers here in CT can attest to that.

I have also bought some second stuff from people.

I have NEVER placed a "For Sale" ad.

I can go on and on.

Thanks to those guys that appreciated the spirit behind this post:

It IS a good deal and I wanted to share it with you all.

To the "timmys" out there: Well the less said...

Thank you for clearing that up. The stab was not at you, but rather at the SB's previous attempts at Gorrilla marketing (no pun intended). The problem with that sort of post, is that once it is exposed, any bona fide post from SB clientele is treated with caution.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/77004-silverbacks-2011-stridejust-released/page__gopid__1091555#entry1091555

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/76521-silverbacks-g3-mercury/page__p__1085567__hl__silverback__fromsearch__1#entry1085567

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/72476-silverback-detroit-what-do-you-think/page__p__1043883__hl__silverback__fromsearch__1#entry1043883

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/76116-tread-magazine-reveals-silverbacks-new-moves/page__p__1081735__hl__silverback__fromsearch__1#entry1081735

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/74043-silverback-space-details/page__p__1060682__hl__silverback__fromsearch__1#entry1060682

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/73846-silverbacks-nabraska/page__p__1058596__hl__silverback__fromsearch__1#entry1058596

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/72926-silverbacks-facebook-fanpage-and-frameskin/page__p__1048661__hl__silverback__fromsearch__1#entry1048661

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/71751-urban-race-dynamics-from-silverback/page__p__1036748__hl__silverback__fromsearch__1#entry1036748

See? Lots of Silverback spam recently. Mostly Evolution's work but a couple of others with very similar posts. Not really a problem, I just won't look at the posts. But if you are affiliated to a company then come out and say it rather than pretending to be a potential/current customer.

Dracaena, if you say your post is a genuine one then that's fine. It just bears resemblance to some of the threads above and my name is Jenna Jameson if none of those are by persons with financial interest in Silverback.

"Jenna", I understand people being skeptical when there is a flood of posts for a particular brand.

BUT think before you blindly attack people.

Covey did a quick search on my previous posts and from that could clearly see I am not involved in the industry at all.

I can understand when you are skeptical if the post comes from a Rookie.

I have over 120 posts and none of them have ever been about selling or punting any product.

So either make the effort to get some facts or, as you said yourself, DON'T READ THE POST.

Dear Dracaena

Thank-you so much for putting those last four words as well as the "BUT" in capital letters. I really may have missed them otherwise and it does help to drive your message home. When I read your post I found that I involuntarily shouted out those five words. My girlfriend didn't even notice the shouting as she assumed it to be part of my Tourette's Syndrome.

My hearty congratulations on your 120 posts and may there be many more. I will now desist at blindly and viciously attacking you and others. I will in future complete a thorough research project before each post to be more like Covie. In fact I am already on post 37 of 120 in my in-depth study of your Hub persona.

Many thanks to you for helping me to see the light and to become a better person.

Love Tim

Timmy dont be an idiot, a simple apology and stop reading SB threads would have sufficed. Its either sarcy or outright attack...are you possibly working for SB opposition and jealous of the "marketing campaign" that seems to have come from another satisfied rider.

Ha Ha, Thanks RacingSnail.

Tim take a chill pill. I'll buy you a beer. Obviously a brand of your choice. ;)

Drat and darn it! I have been found out. Yes Snail, I do in fact work for another bike company. I have fearfully observed the growth of these so-called SB happy customers. In an attempt to thwart this uprising I am busy recruiting my own army of happy customers.

I currently have two, but current growth predicts double figures by 2014. At that stage I will be ready to wage an all-out war with my army against these SB upstarts. You have been warned.

Ha ha, ok enough of this. There was no "attack" and I have nothing against you or the brand. Enjoy riding the Mercury.

And yes, I'll take that beer thanks.

Not wanting to distract anyone from the bun fight but ...

I bought a Silverback Mercury 2 a year ago almost and have been quite happy with it.

When you buy a bike you basically buy the frame as I see it as all the rest of it is Rockshocks and Fox Shocks and Shimano this and that which all the bikes have in any case and it all breaks after a while ... and you replace as you see fit.

The frame seems really solid to me, not too heavy, the rear suspension mechanism is fine, my arse is in one piece after a year and I still have a sex life so something must be OK with it.

My only real problem came when I fell off it :-(

Oh, and I paid R20k for it in August 2009 from a FPC store, for R10k right now I would buy two and keep one for my Golden Years when the first one has broken.

And by the way I don't work for Silverback or a bike shop of the FBI or Interpol.

Yours independently,

T.