What heart rate monitor do you recommend?

ivor123

Hi

I i am looking to buy a heart rate monitor (watch) and don't know winch one to get.And i don't want to brake the bank.

Polar RS300X. Got the whole kit with Flowlink and bikemount for about R2000. Works like magic and has all the settings you need to start of. Has a comfy strap to which makes it nice to where for long hours.

Chris at CWCycles has the new PC9 for men for R400 and looks schweet. I got the previous model he was selling this year and really impressed with it. No problems at all and I'm not the only Hubber.

End of day if your not buying a HRM with coded strap and goodies (cadence/speed/pods) in the > R1K but actually > R2K range, then buy the cheapest.

(At least you can sell the PC9 to recover most of your costs when you eventually upgrade to a RS300X or Garmin500)

Complately depends on what you intend doing with it. If you only want to use it while cycling maybe going for one that is cycling specific might work for you. If you plan on using it for multiple sports make sure it is compatible for say running and riding.

If you want software with your watch that normally adds a sizeable chunk to your price.

I've got the Suunto t4c. Great watch; does everything I need. The t3c is a great device too. But like said before, make a list of what you want it to do and go from there. They are all good after all, bar maybe the Sigma; not really a fan based purely on visual and sorry, the price. It just seems too cheap.

I've got the Suunto t4c. Great watch; does everything I need. The t3c is a great device too. But like said before, make a list of what you want it to do and go from there. They are all good after all, bar maybe the Sigma; not really a fan based purely on visual and sorry, the price. It just seems too cheap.

I just need one to work out the calories burnt,lap data keeping est

check Gumtree and cash converters.

I found a Polar s725 brand new with ir dongle for a grand!

Thanks i will look into it.