LED downlights

Canaris

Ek is ook nuuskurig want ek kan hulle heel moontlik in my Sigma's gebruik...... toe waar is die fundi's??????

O ek het vergeet ek IS een!!!!!.......

ongelukkig net in Amerika!!!!!!!

Kyk net wie's terug/nog steeds hierShocked

Close real close but was posted 13th Aug 2007. I also had a double take on that

Nope, it is the real deal.  The one and only Nigerian alter-ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is great! I wonder if all these lamps are made in China? If they are made in China' date=' I think you can buy it from china factory directly.

If you need, send e-mail to me: brightlighting@139.com
[/quote']

Same spammer ..... pasop!!!!!!!

Ek is ook nuuskurig want ek kan hulle heel moontlik in my Sigma's gebruik...... toe waar is die fundi's??????

Nope' date=' it is the real deal.  The one and only Nigerian alter-ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

.......... se die Hollander wat cleats aan sy klompe gesit het!!!!!!!!! Kyk dien datum van die posting klaas!!!!!!

Hi All, in response to your query, yes, 12vLED lights can be dimmed, we have a working dimmer and will shortly have production.  Made in SA.  Our LED lamps GU10,E27,E14,MR11,MR16 with 9 to 18 led's range from R32 to R47 each and the AC220V ones we have made 165 to 265volts.  Our top of the range downlight is 120degree spread, 5watts at R185 ex vat.

We also have 15 and 18watt 4 & 5foot fluorescent tube replacements.  Remove starter and ballast, just live and neutral either end. (also can be dimmed)  We will be at the Green Building Conference at Vodaworld in Midrand next week, stands open to public next saturday.

My experience with LED lights is poor.l

I purchased some to replace halogens in our kitchen. I couldn't stand the halogens anymore, they heated up my head when I stood in the kitchen. I then purchased some LED lights, with 20LEDs each. Made by Philips. They were quite expensive, can't remember exactly how much.

Although they are cool, they give off just about zero light. I recon I'll need about five or 6 of them to replace just one 50watt halogen. Also, they give off a miserably cool colour that makes me feel I'm living in an igloo with a miserably little sun shining outside.

I do believe they can be had in a warmer colour  but I won't bother.

In a bedlamp, I replaced one of those incadescents with a built-in reflector (40 watt) with a special and very expensive (R175) compact fluorescent of the same shape and fitting. I'm satisfied with this light, it is bright, but it takes ages to get up to speed. At first it glows like a little worm and then slowly slowly it gets brighter. By the time I'm ready to sleep, it is at its brightest.

It's back to halogens for me.

I did a bit of research a few months back on LED options - all I could find locally at the time were units with 12 or 20 lower power LED in them - the performance of these was poor at best. I did find that in US/Europe/The far East you could get high power single LED units up to 10w (equivelent light output to 70w conventional), but they are expensive and you would have to bring them in yourself. Still the power saving is meainingful when you have a room with 20 down lighters, you can reduce power consumption from 1kw to 200w (1/5th) and still get a 40% light increase!

Give it a year or 2 and these will be common place.

Nope' date=' it is the real deal.  The one and only Nigerian alter-ego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote']

.......... se die Hollander wat cleats aan sy klompe gesit het!!!!!!!!! Kyk dien datum van die posting klaas!!!!!!

SorrieEmbarrassed

Wag, laat ek hardloop

(klomp.....klomp.....klomp.....klomp.....klomp.....klomp.....klomp)

All incandescents should be banned, they are high carbon emitters, cfc contains mercury vapour, LED's are going to replace all of these.  In some places in the world like ireland, california, korea, incandescents are being phased out.  our 5watt downlight will replace a 50watt incandescent downlight and is available in warm and cool white.  Throughout an incandescents short lifespan they will drop at least 50% of their luminosity whereas an led only drops 20% over 50 000+ hours.  Our leds come with ROHS, try get that for conventional lamps!

There is a green tsunami coming, get ready

EarthPower

earthpower what type of dimming do you use? Are they DALI type ballasts you use? On your products page you give no Lumen output of any of the LED downlighters.......what are they?

just remember the lifetime of an LED is dependant on how well the heat generated by the LED is dissapated. Poor heat dissipation = poor LED life

Another thing, it is better to tell us which brand LED do you use as the lighting sources? The quality of LED is very very important for the lamps, and if you can provide Lux form will be great!

very true BL. currently there are only a few very good quality LED manufacturers around. majority of the chinese stuff you have to tread carefully.

Yes' date=' I agree! Even I am Chinese.But there is also some Chinese making good LED products.Fox example, my factory!Smile

Bruce
[/quote']

Bruce Lee??

I am bruce Liang, not Bruce Lee;Bruce Lee is my favorite KongFu Star!

Have you ever watch the Movie KongFu Panda?There is some action from Bruce Lee!