Polar F11 or Suunto t3???

wonduhboy

The F11 is a fitness unit only' date=' and has no cycling functionality. If the GF decides to take up cycling and wants speed, cadence and more, then you'll end up having to get another unit.

Check out the other Polar products on the market and think future (intended) use rather than current use.

that's my 2c
[/quote']

Dont worry - just saw it now. Unfortunately I will get a "did they have other colours" if I give it to my gf, so thats out of the question

Thanks frosty - this is what made me think of the t3 as you can add a cycling pod at a later stage (for +- R700!!!) but then may as well look at 725/720 etc

Hi bee, looked at a couple of places and they all seem to be at R1499.

I was under the impression that polar stipluated prices on their products, so no one would be cheaper - maybe they increased the prices?

What do you think of the watch?

Bonduhboy

Functionality is sometimes more impotant than looks or colour. Once you explain to your gf what all it can do then I'm sure she won't worry about the colour.

When I bought my 725X i was lucky that the carbon fibre look on the face matched my carbon HB, so I didn't have to worry about that too. LOL

Bee

Polar sets the price on their products, and it doesn't matter whether you buy at Totalsports or anywhere else. The price is the same

Polar CS300 is what i would choose.  But then that is me.  Works really well' date=' and can get a cadence sensor for it aswell.[/quote']

can you wear it on your arm?

Yes you can wear it on your arm and it comes with a bike mount and a wirless speed sensor.

Bonduhboy

?

Functionality is sometimes more impotant than looks or colour. Once you explain to your gf what all it can do then I'm sure she won't worry about the colour.

When I bought my 725X i was lucky that the carbon fibre look on the face matched my carbon HB' date=' so I didn't have to worry about that too. LOL
[/quote']

for women colour is everything smiley36.gif

so, when the wife bought a car, she was more concerned about the colour and the Airconditioner, than about everything else.