That'll buff right out...

wesley_r

the_wes, you did not seriously expect, even for a fleeting moment, to be able to jump that ditch. :D :lol: Ouch, could easily have been more serious than just a tacoed front wheel.

nope, wasn't trying to jump the ditch - more like trying to ride it through and see if it was jumpable on the other side... checked it out properly first, should easily have gone in one side and up / out the other with little / no air - instead i took the completely wrong side / line - sharper lip, and soft ground on the other face - that's why i lost it - soft ground, wheel just went straight!!

look to the right of where i went in, you should easily go in one side out the other... nope, for some bizarre reason i went the wrong way and realised it too late!

clipless, me? NEVER!

@the_wes

So, A whole week has past since this event.

Will you be on two wheels again this weekend?

I was back on 2 wheels by last weekend already! took my wheel in last Friday and by Saturday the mech. at Geco cycles had straightened it out! won't survive another big bump so i'm shopping for a replacement...

now my shock, that's another question! lockout lever and preload adjuster are jammed (not from this accident) hopefully getting it back tomorrow, else i'll be on my other 2 wheels this weekend (motorbike)

Im a heavy rider too 96kg, and iver put my wheels through way more abuse than that, what wheelset do you have i want to make a mental note never to get them lol.

Got me a ZIPP 202 front wheel... Well had me a ZIPP 202 front wheel... The 6 pieces are only held together by the Tubby and its glue... <_<