FSA BB Problem

sevenstars

The single biggest favour you can do for our BB bearings is drill a water drainage hole in the bottom of your frame's BB shell.

Most of the dead BB's I see have water damage to them, which is perfectly preventable with a drainage hole.

In the days before bikes were made of carpet fibre, drainage holes were status symbols. The most fashionable ones were in the shape of the frame builder's logo. Nowadays the BBs are supposed to swim.

There are several companies represented on the hub, who have control over their framebuilding and if you ask any one of them why they don't do this anymore you'll only receive a mouthfull of fine bubbles.

Drill a 6mm hole at the lowest point on your BB shell and watch your BB bearings last twice as long. Put pressure on your framebuilder to do so as a matter of course.

Its very difficult to get affordable BB's for FSA cranks, not all Shimano one work but Aerozine Bb work perfectly, just make sure you take the ceramic Aerozine option they are not that expensive

Will the KCNC bottom brackets work with FSA cranks?

This is what I currently have.

Anyone.

post-3512-011875000 1283337119.jpg

Why not just replace the bearings with one that does away with the 1mm spacer:

http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id182.html

I have had some good success with these (and drilling the 6mm draining hole)

The Enduro bearings can be purchased locally through Rush Sport (in Pmb).

Johan Bornman also carries stock.

What did you replace with?

Shimano Dura Ace, twice being stranded by FSA crank commimg loose convinced me.

At this stage I would want to replace the BB only for KCNC.

This is what I need.

KCNC BB30 Adapter

These bottom brackets from KCNC are designed to adapt BB30 bottom brackets for use with common 24 mm spindle, 68 mm shell-compatible cranksets such as Shimano's Hollowtech II series and FSA's Gossamer crankset. Two extra plastic bearing caps are included with each adapter.

post-3512-067711300 1283341756.jpg