Kona 2011 Range

Kiwi

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Philip.Maree,

The frame only prices and availability for the 2011 range haven't been released yet, but it looks like just about all models will be available as frame sets.

I have the 2010 Kahuna/Big Kahuna fame in stock in 18" at the mo' and a complete bike at the office if you want to take a look. The one you are thinking of is the King Kahuna which was a little lighter being made of Scandium, same hydroformed tubing shapes and post mount rear disc brakes etc as the Kauhuna/Big Kahuna. For some reason it's not available in the 2011 range, I did double check.

The 2011 Big Kahuna will be under R18,000.00 complete and we should be able to have it in stock at the end of December/Early January, may be a bit sooner!

Let me know if you want one!

http://www.konaworld.com/images/bikes/med/big_kahuna.jpg

Hi Philip.Maree,

The frame only prices and availability for the 2011 range haven't been released yet, but it looks like just about all models will be available as frame sets.

I have the 2010 Kahuna/Big Kahuna fame in stock in 18" at the mo' and a complete bike at the office if you want to take a look. The one you are thinking of is the King Kahuna which was a little lighter being made of Scandium, same hydroformed tubing shapes and post mount rear disc brakes etc as the Kauhuna/Big Kahuna. For some reason it's not available in the 2011 range, I did double check.

The 2011 Big Kahuna will be under R18,000.00 complete and we should be able to have it in stock at the end of December/Early January, may be a bit sooner!

Let me know if you want one!

http://www.konaworld.com/images/bikes/med/big_kahuna.jpg

So the 2011 Big Kahuna has the Scandium frame now and replaces the 2010 King Kahuna, Correct?

Mampara: The 2011 Kahuna has an Aluminum frame

Hi Guys,

The Kahuna and Big Kahuna share the same hydro-formed 7000 series frame but the Big Kahuna has a better spec.

Hi Guys,

The Kahuna and Big Kahuna share the same hydro-formed 7000 series frame but the Big Kahuna has a better spec.

The Big Kahuna tech features according to the website reads

* Ultimate hardtail cross-country 29-inch wheel mountain bike

* Kona Race Light Scandium Butted frame with hydroformed tubing

* Zero Stack 1.5 Tapered Headtube

* RockShox Recon Solo Air 100mm travel fork

* SRAM X9/X7 9-speed drive train

* Avid Elixir 5 hydraulic disc brakes

* Easton XC 29er wheelset

But I see the detailed specs says Aluminum 7005. Probably copied and pasted from the 2010 King Kahuna Tech Features

Trebon finished 3rd and first Hard Tail at the recent US Pro Marathon Champs on the Kona Kahuna 2-9.

post-1841-051212700 1281687282.jpg

Yeah, you should see the US Kona Team guys, both Wicks and Treybon are 6'5" tall

Last Years bike for the guys:

post-1841-061454800 1281688499.jpg