SCR: Riding on the line in the middle of the road

LazyTrailRider

ps if you are passing then you must be going faster, and if he remained in your blind spot long enough for you to check, indicate,m check againt hen change lanes he could not have been going that fast could he?????

Slowpoke, to be honest I actually can't recall passing him (at least not passing him while he was travelling inbetween the lines). My only logical conclusion was that he was travelling in the left lane and moved onto the line after I'd gone past the back of the left lane and realised that I'd needed to get into the left lane. Regardless, I didn't seem him.

What this highlights to me though is that it's very easy to miss a lane-splitting biker, regardless of whether you're driving recklessly/fast/ignorantly. That's kind of why I brought up the topic, because it made me think "jeepers, this is a pretty risky way to travel". That's probably why I've never done it on a bicycle, and never will... (I don't own a motorbike, and never will either).

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A way to avoid blind spots in your mirrors is to adjust them as follows:

I have found that if you can see your own car in the side mirrors while looking back it means that you cannot see what is happening in the next lane.

By moving the mirrors so that you can see the next lane reduces the incidence of blind spots. If you turn your head before changing lanes and looking to see if it is clear greatly reduces the chances of blind spots.

Guest coenie

The bottom line your did not check your mirror.....does not matter really who is right when some is killed?

So it is easy, always check your blind spot, saying to his wife and kids "but he was wrong" will not bring him back.

We as drivers should think for all other drivers, weather they are right or wrong.

Drive to stay and KEEP alive