Need new MTB frame.

smallrebel

Are you just interested in a frame cause a mate of mine is selling his, same size almost brand new..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....but I know no one does Titus' date=' I tried to buy one from Ct but they didn't seem too interested[/quote']

Care to share your experience...?

MintSauce2007-10-11 07:36:28

As always it depends on priceLOL.  I have been eyeing this one on BikeBay, but was a bit worried about the availability of spares for the rear shock plus its relative short travel. It also does not have V-brake bosses which would make it inpossible for me to do a stages upgrade.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.bikebay.co.za/Products/ProductProfile.aspx?ProdGuid=07709eef-0792-4314-99fb-e75c764de30e

My mongoose is really old (7speed plus Canti brakes) which means I would have had to upgrade my wheels and buy disc brakes.  It would therefore be better to look for a bike as I would like to upgrade to 9sp and a newer shock. 

Yeah look the lack of travel is one of the reasons I upgraded.. i think it depends on what sort of riding you do, if it's mostsly XC and you're not heavy it's a good bike.. 

I was reaching the upper limits of what the bike can do so decided to upgrade..

I wouldn't worry about the spares issue, they will be available for some time

naa, you need more travel... 

Try get yourself a racer x frame 05,06 can pick them up quite cheap.. I think those guys in CT have some old stock but I'm not sure..

Money, money, money its a rich man's world...... LOL

Lets take a guess: <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Frame: R12000

Shock(Reba): R4000

X9 groupo: R4000

Wheels and tires: R4000

Etc:  R4000

So a cool R28 000??Cry

Waaaaaaaaaaay pass my budget.  I would be luck if my CFO (Chief Financial Officer) will allow me R10000.

May be able to sneak a incremental upgrade pass her..... Big%20smile

I got a quote on 08 XO, wheels ,tyres etc for less than that.. 

An X9 kit would be cheaper!!  You just tgotta know who to talk to..

There is a bit of fat, but not much, so may be possible to cut it to R20 000 which is still more than double the budget.  <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The CFO does no sound happy even with the lower figure??Shocked

What does your friend want for his frame (does it have V brake bosses)??.

80mm of travel is still 80mm more travel than my hardtail.   Embarrassed

You shoulda bought that Orbea Oiz PV I let go a few months ago for the ridiculous amount of 2000ZAR and it was only a year old!