Garmin 705 - upload problem

eddy

Please help !

i have a number of exercises which I can see on my device but when I try and upload them into Garmin Training Centre, it goes through the upload process, tells me the data has been transferred but the data does not appear in the training logs of TC.

What am I doing wrong as it worked before ?

some more information:

Whilst I can see the exercises in the "history" on the device, when I connect the device to my laptop and list the "history" from the Garmin opened as a drive I can not see the exercises.

help please

regards

E

Hi Eddy,

It's not the advice you're looking for, but I'd advise that you drop Garmin Training Centre and use Zone Five SportTracks instead. I really did not like the interface on GTC at all. It is a really clunky piece of software IMO. SportTracks has some quirks, but once you get used the interface, it is really powerful.

Plug-ins are also available for SportTracks, so you can add functionality to suit your needs. I'm really happy with the software and I'm glad I switched from GTC.

I see that SportTracks is now commercial software, so I'd recommend you get the last free version (v2.1.3478) to try out the full functionality before making a decision on whether you want to pay $45 for it. Direct link (seriously, download it now before it's gone! It's great - see this thread).

Cheers,

Andrew

I had this problem once or twice with my 305, disconnecting the unit and restarting the laptop normally sorted it out. You can also delete some of the older history on the unit.

But Training Center is not great software and doesnt allow you to customize anything!

+1 for SportTracks

Some of the older 705 software versions did corrupt the history files. I have upgraded to the latest on the 705 and that seem to have sorted the problem out.

Thanks AndrewC, i have now loaded SportTracks and imported the data from the garmin.

now, how do i get maps into SportTracks ????

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Great!

The map is displayed in the Daily Activity section in the Route pane. You will probably only see your route in the default display (I can't remember anymore - it's so long since I installed it). On the right-hand end of the Route title bar (the blue bar above the route display), there's an arrow pointing down (white in a blue circle). Click on it and select Street. The data is downloaded automatically from Google Maps. You can also select Satellite to see the Google Maps Satellite view. Of course, you have to be online for the maps to load - once they've loaded they're available offline.

The features in this view are described in more detail here.

If you want other maps to display, you can load plugins to do that (the Apply Route plugin has other alternatives IIRC). I've found that the standard maps are good enough for my needs, though.

Cheers,

Andrew