Job offer: Project Manager for wind energy projects

rob!

Hi all!

My company has two vacansies they want to fill still this year.

We are looking to hire two project managers to the development of our wind energy projects in South Africa.

Ideally, you should be a graduate of technical or natural sciences (e.g. electrical engineering, civil

engineering, environmental engineering, regional planning), business administration or have been

able to generate equivalent experiences. You are experienced in project development within the

renewable energy sector or in other industries facing similar challenges such as infrastructure and

construction and are be able to demonstrate successful relationship building ability across a broad

range of levels from land owners, to political stakeholders and senior executives.

Obviously a good understanding of the South African electricity market would be helpful.

If intersted please PM me and I can provide you with more details. Thanx.

Cheers,

Rob

Good morning!

Just a bump to enlighten your day with a new perspective in the professional world!

Cheers,

Rob

Good morning!

Just a bump to enlighten your day with a new perspective in the professional world!

Cheers,

Rob

Free bump for you

Can't put in an application myself, I have my own company to run (different sides of the energy sector, you're making, I'm saving) but I can pass this onto the post-grad students (current and probably ex) at the ERC at UCT if you like.

Out of curiousity, what company is it?

What sort of scale will you be dealing in? Will you be selling to Eskom or direct to clients?

Free bump for you

Can't put in an application myself, I have my own company to run (different sides of the energy sector, you're making, I'm saving) but I can pass this onto the post-grad students (current and probably ex) at the ERC at UCT if you like.

Out of curiousity, what company is it?

What sort of scale will you be dealing in? Will you be selling to Eskom or direct to clients?

Any forwarding is appreciated, the ERC is also still on my list to contact. Thank you.

We'll only be on the market with our company name next month (October), I'll certainly give you a shout then.

We develop renewable energy projects (wind power for example) in the mega watt class and will be selling the produced electricity through the REFIT (renewable energy fedd-in tariff). Usually wind parks are bought by inverstors that are looking for a constant and reliable return on ther invest. In average a wind park operates for around 20 yrs.

Keep on bumping! :)

So you are in the energy efficiency sector? What sort? Housing?

Hi all!

My company has two vacansies they want to fill still this year.

We are looking to hire two project managers to the development of our wind energy projects in South Africa.

Ideally, you should be a graduate of technical or natural sciences (e.g. electrical engineering, civil

engineering, environmental engineering, regional planning), business administration or have been

able to generate equivalent experiences. You are experienced in project development within the

renewable energy sector or in other industries facing similar challenges such as infrastructure and

construction and are be able to demonstrate successful relationship building ability across a broad

range of levels from land owners, to political stakeholders and senior executives.

Obviously a good understanding of the South African electricity market would be helpful.

Cheers,

Rob

I have the perfect candidate for you, Ill speak to him if you want or pass on his deatails

I have the perfect candidate for you, Ill speak to him if you want or pass on his deatails

PM sent, thanx.

sheesh, wish i had something more along the lines of this type of job, It sounds/looks & all that goes with it fun & extremely interesting. I keep on driving past a turbine factory/assembly plant ( not sure which ) in centurion every morning on my way to work & it just looks so intruiging. Being an avid aviation enthusiast & recriational pilot, those sort of things grab me in quite a big way ( wind/climate/pressures etc )

All the best in finding the people you are looking for

& oh yes, free bump

You're a few years to early. Been working for Eskom for 2 years now and interested in wind power. Wind is huge in Europe. They plan on having about 20% of their power from wind in 2020 if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, don't think I have enough experience to apply as Project Manager. Damn

Any forwarding is appreciated, the ERC is also still on my list to contact. Thank you.

We'll only be on the market with our company name next month (October), I'll certainly give you a shout then.

We develop renewable energy projects (wind power for example) in the mega watt class and will be selling the produced electricity through the REFIT (renewable energy fedd-in tariff). Usually wind parks are bought by inverstors that are looking for a constant and reliable return on ther invest. In average a wind park operates for around 20 yrs.

Keep on bumping! :)

So you are in the energy efficiency sector? What sort? Housing?

Mainly in the commercial and industrial sector (office blocks, hotels, factories,etc.)

We look at energy management, energy efficiency, also been successfull in the behavioural management wrt energy (in 1 hotel we were able to save +-17%)

Look at page 2 of the pdf below.

http://www.erc.uct.ac.za/emnews/EMN-10-03.pdf

Check out the company website www.energyoptimizers.co.za

It needs to be updated, I have recently started the Cape office/company. So office in Pretoria and Cape Town, but also work nationally.

Thanx for your replies and all the PM's as well.

We have thoroughly researched the market in SA and based on that came to our conclusion that it is a good time now.

We have extensive experience with that world wide.

Also we aren't the only international project developers active on the SA market.