Raleigh Bikes

Alien Racer

I'm a big fan of Raleigh Bicycles, from the road series to the Mountainbikes. I ride a RM9 Carbon Raleigh hardtail. Simmilar to one in Picture only with XTR.

But i have one question: When will raleigh ever make a Dual-sus in Carbon. Common Raleigh, i'm sure if you had one Kevin Evans would be riding it!

Now look what he rides now. Vucan, Wow ! What a bike, looks great and rides like a annimal.

Now, hope Raleigh comes alive and develops a mean Carbon Dual-sus Machine.

I'll bet you i'll be the first to buy one!

post-3193-029390700 1283792829.jpg

I stand to be corrected but I dont think there are any Carbon bikes in the 2011 range in the Hardtail section. Makes you wonder!!

And I think there two models in Dual, and only one is carbon.

Hmmm!

Think maybe Probike is relying on Scott for there Carbon bikes.

The first rule of cycle club issss.....

Just kidding mate ride what you want as long as you ride.

The company that owns Raleigh is the agent for Scott. Looks like it makes more sense to push high end Scott bikes than Raleigh's.

The company that owns Raleigh is the agent for Scott. Looks like it makes more sense to push high end Scott bikes than Raleigh's.

Didn't know that, velo. Good to know... :rolleyes:

Common Raleigh, i'm sure if you had one Kevin Evans would be riding it!

I think Kev rides what the team issues him. I think he's quite glad to be riding a bike that doesn't have a younger brother going for R599 at Makro now.

ps. that 'common raleigh' is quite a freudian slip there,son.

Always a couple of Raleigh haters on the hub. But I have had 4 Raleighs now and not one problem with after sales or any warranty issues. Only problem I've had is my STI packed up. Phoned my LBS and it was sorted out in a hour. Can't think of to many brands that offer that type of service.

Always a couple of Raleigh haters on the hub. But I have had 4 Raleighs now and not one problem with after sales or any warranty issues. Only problem I've had is my STI packed up. Phoned my LBS and it was sorted out in a hour. Can't think of to many brands that offer that type of service.

"STI packed up" - hmmm - thats Shimano, or better still its the LBS thats helping you out, and not Raleigh (Probike)

Friend of mine RM7 frame cracked on one of the rearstays. Had the frame for about 4months and not ridden very hard at all (nothing technical). Been waiting aprox 3 months now for a replacement frame, as Probike didnt have any stock, as new range was being launched. Told him they would replace with 2011 frame. Not bad I thought, except that the new top of the range hardtail frame is now aluminium and no where near the same spec as the 2010 RM7 frame (my opinion anyway).

I hope I can eat my words, and they sort him out with a good deal.