Unexplained Heart rate

Face Plant

I just had to put off a mtb race that I'm very sorry about due to very light symptoms of the flue.But i'm not regretting it,like Zimo's case it could get very bad if you train when sick.I think it's very brave and wise to stop everything when one is sick to prevent major damage.

1. Suunto T3c never had any issues with it before

2. new batteries in watch and strap

3. If i push on a 5k my HR goes up to about 171 max friday maxed out at 192 on the same route i usually run

4. Max HR is 189

Who says your max heart rate is 189?

Well your max HR clearly isn't 189 if you hit 192 :blink: When I cant get my HR up it usually means I'm about to get sick... Maybe it means your body hasn't recovered enough yet.

i hope that somebody could help me explain the heart rate anomoly ive been experiencing the last few days, i have just recovered from the flu so ive been on a forced rest for almost two weeks, so Friday i get back into things with a 5km run and my heart rate as i expected is rather high maxing out at about 192. Saterday i go for a 30km MTB ride and i couldnt get my heart rate over 120 Sunday i go for a 60km MTB ride and same thing, i just cant get my heart rate past 120. Last night i go for a 10 km run and check my heart rate after 6 kms and its 92 stayed like this most of the way and only maxed out at 121 at the end of the run.

the funny thing is i checked my pulse manually and it did seem pretty slow for the exertion levels, i felt as fatigued as i usually do with my HR up around 160 after a good run.

Is there a reason why my heart rate would be lower than usual or could it is it just my HR monitor playing up?

Faceplant, are you sure its not as simple a problem as your HRM set to displaying your average HR instead of actual running HR? :unsure:

When I was 35 I could max out at 200bpm at the end of an 8km time trial

Therefore 220 - your age is only an average. Everyone is different.