Who uses indoor trainers ?

CharlV

Better than not doing anything at all, with the side effect of building mental discipline while withstanding the effects of boredom!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Better than not doing anything at all, with the side effect of building mental discipline while withstanding the effects of boredom!

Agree!

Been on IDT every third day for two weeks now ,and did a 84 km solo ride out to Mooinooi out on the N4 from Rustenburg yesterday, i did power training most of the way , staying in a low gear as far as possible!!! Burns the crap out of the upper thighs, but I did this trip in almost the same time as I did the 70 km Carousel earlier this season,the Mental Discipline part i especially agree with!!!!

Charl V

IDt = tough. Mentaly as well as physically. Very effective depending on your discipline. Do intervals and have a DVD to watch nearby. IT GETS BORING!!

I agree with the BORING part man.. Ive trained on my indoor trainer a few times while witching a DVD, but boring it stays. Why don't you go to your local gym and do some high intensity spinning classes.

If you got an IPOD load an ten min increasing tempo music, an hour of pumping house/trance music, and another ten min of decreasing tempo music. Gives you ten min warm up, hour of interval type training, ten min cool down. Mix the intervals up according to the track you listening to. Make sure your water bottle is on the bike, you have a fan on high (you will sweat. Lots.) and only start the music as you start to pedal. Dont stop till the music stops. It can become a bit like tripping out on pain and music and the feeling that there is just not enough oxygen, anywhere in the world, to keep spinning that freaking trainer as the intervals start taking an effect.