Who uses indoor trainers ?

CharlV

Dude! You have a monsteer climb up behind Waterfall Mall! :lol:

Problem is that road might be a bit narrow to train on during peak times.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boring at times but not as boring as not having one and its pouring rain outside, then you'll wish you had one.

but then you can help the wife with chores...

I train all winter on the indoor trainer, but try to do outside training on the weekends. I use a Tacx Flow. Make sure you have a fan(remote one) if possible and a TV to watch movies(action movies, you do not have to listen), because it can get hard. There is also a lot of training DVD's(Chris Carmichael, Coach Troy etc.)

Where can I buy , copy , Steal these DVDs ?

Anybody got some for sale ?

I use the Giant trainer every Tuesday and Wednesday for an hour and a half and just push it hard... any longer and it gets boring. I do find that even on the highest friction level it does not simulate road conditions in regards to resistance and dont know if its just my trainer... but doesnt matter still good

Where can I buy , copy , Steal these DVDs ?

Anybody got some for sale ?

I seen on cwc online you can get routes of the races like 94.7 and Argus... and they quite cheap

I use the Giant trainer every Tuesday and Wednesday for an hour and a half and just push it hard... any longer and it gets boring. I do find that even on the highest friction level it does not simulate road conditions in regards to resistance and dont know if its just my trainer... but doesnt matter still good

WIZ@RD DUDE!

YOU SO RIGHT ON THAT ONE , THE GIANT I BOUGHT TODAY is not really challenging it took me a full 50min to get going

I found reading your comments, inspiring. I too battle with the boredom issue, I use music to alleviate, and I also believe in its power to generate improvements. Just knowing that I am not alone, will be motivation for tonights session.

I've tried numerous videos. Carmichael's are very boring - if you want to watch someone else riding on a stationary bike get a mirror. IMO the best videos are www.thesufferfest.com

Most okes neglected to mention...

You dont want to stick a full carbon bike on an IDT. I think there is way to much force going through the rear stays.

my 2c.

I hate mine... HATE.. evenif it rains nowdays Id rather ride BUT.. I got the A-TEAM from a mate and got up at 5:30 this morning with much "gees" pulled the bike out slaped her on the IDT and cranked up the volume! taa da-da daaa da da da daaaa..!! What a cool movie! Vikus is so cool! haha. I rode on my IDT for almost 2 hours this morning. Its a new record for me.

Most okes neglected to mention...

You dont want to stick a full carbon bike on an IDT. I think there is way to much force going through the rear stays.

Not true. Carbon bikes are 100% fine in an IDT and no manufacturer that I know of recommends against it. Christie has pointed out the the only mention the Cannondale manual make of the IDT is to advise you to cover the top tube with a sweat towel.

have been trying to get the IDT thing going but the boredom really kills. what seems to pass the time away is some good music, also if your training plan has lots of changes in cadence, gearing, resistance etc.

I hate mine... HATE.. evenif it rains nowdays Id rather ride BUT.. I got the A-TEAM from a mate and got up at 5:30 this morning with much "gees" pulled the bike out slaped her on the IDT and cranked up the volume! taa da-da daaa da da da daaaa..!! What a cool movie! Vikus is so cool! haha. I rode on my IDT for almost 2 hours this morning. Its a new record for me.

you must have gone "bossies". :P though, for Ironman I've managed 1:50. But you must do intervals. Otherwise. Wonder if it was me on the IDT...

I got a spinning bike this weekend. Looking forword to training in the evenings after kiddy is in bed.

Some cool applications on iTunes to download that actually presents some spinning classes. Going to try that for starters.

Indoor training is indispensable if you're serious about training, you wanna beat your mates and do PB's and you battle to find the time. I used an IDt for 9 years and stepped up to Tacx iMagic last year and haven't looked back. Maybe if I lived near civilisation I might have spent more time on the road during the week, but almost every week for the last 10years I've ridden on the IDT /Tacx on Tues and Wedn. The Tacx takes it further with wattage display and recording. I use an old chromemoly Trek 470 that I sweat all over and which stays on the IDT permanently. Its now getting a makeover because its worked so hard it deserves it- new paintwork, new decals, new groupset (Sora). Get the disciplne and ride IDT.