Should I? On-one 456 summer season

ven

1.85m tall - what size is your bike moretrails?

I'm trying dude, I have the motorbike up for sale at the moment in an attempt to re-appropriate funds! I am killing my current bike!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike is a medium - so I think that is around 17"/18". You more than welcome to give it a spin and see how it fits. 1.85m is around 6'1" or so right? Yeah, mixing imperial and metric - old habits hey!

I am sure if you put a post up for 456 owners someone will have a size L that you can have a burn on....

Bike is a medium - so I think that is around 17"/18". You more than welcome to give it a spin and see how it fits. 1.85m is around 6'1" or so right? Yeah, mixing imperial and metric - old habits hey!

I am sure if you put a post up for 456 owners someone will have a size L that you can have a burn on....

yeah I'm like 6' / 6'1" thereabouts

Tisk, tisk - you know that big wheels are as about effective as Power Balance bands, now don't you.... :lol::rolleyes:

Enjoy the bike, and post us a little pic of the beauty!!!

Tisk, tisk - you know that big wheels are as about effective as Power Balance bands, now don't you.... :lol::rolleyes:

Enjoy the bike, and post us a little pic of the beauty!!!

Thanks after avoiding the Power Balance scam completely, I figured I would try and run my tyres at 1 bar, as I'm sure I read somewhere here that it would then feel as plush as my 5 inch Chumba.....

Pics to come soon.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Top chirp that!!!

At that pressure I think it may be best to ride those plastic rims that you got on the 80's bmx's...that way you can just chuck them in the deep freeze every now and again...

I'll get my A into G and post a quick pic of my beast soon as well...

Edited by MoreTrails

:lol: :lol: :lol: Top chirp that!!!

At that pressure I think it may be best to ride those plastic rims that you got on the 80's bmx's...that way you can just chuck them in the deep freeze every now and again...

I'll get my A into G and post a quick pic of my beast soon as well...

Hopefully my Red Metal wheels will be strong enough.. Let's see your naartjie..

Its listed as a 130mm travel fork with an Infinite Travel adjust (kind of like a Talas, but there is no preset lengths to the travel). But the fork size is more along the lines of a 150mm fork. It loves big hits, but really doesn't like the small bumps....and Manitou make it so damn difficult to set up.

Dude, I bought that fork for 1500 bucks and it goes like a MOFO, so no need to spend like 5k on a fork....but it is always nice to as you will have a sweet bit of kit!

As for your all mountain machine, turf the 29er wheels, go 5" travel or more and if the budget aint there, build the hardcore hardtail you have been talking about. I recon, when the funds are there, get a frame and fork and just move all the components over onto the new bike. Upgrade as you go.... then you purchase pieces as you can afford, you still have a bike and you can choose top kit for the upgrades....

Offer still stands if you want to take the BEAST for a spin...

go 5" travel or more and if the budget aint there, build the hardcore hardtail you have been talking about.

that is the plan hey. 1st prize is a Santa Cruz Butcher frame built up with the budget stuff (upgrade later) I have on my current bike and a lekker fork. Failing that, I've seen a 2nd hand Specialized Stumpjumper and Giant Trance and Reign, all for decent moola. And if none of those materialise then yea, 456 in either steel or carbon :thumbup:

we MUST hook up that ride sometime. can you believe I still haven't done Tokai! Shocking I tell you!