What is reasonable weight for a Full Sus?

Blackadder

Hi my Pina weighs in at 11.2 kg with bottle cages and pedals cost me quite a bit though.

Ritchey superlogic handlebars carbon

Ritchey carbon stem and seatpost

Easton wheels 1540g

Mostly XTR except front and rear derailers

XTR pedals

Rock shox SID

11.2 kg with crossmark lust ust could almost knock off a 1 kg if I went with lighter tyres.

post-13140-0-78440000-1332916645.jpg

Edited by Ceres

Hi Ive lightened my Rocky element 50 19.5" up to about 10.8kg fitted with:

KCNC handle bar and stem

sid fork with hydr loc out

race face seat post alu

fizik gobi seat

XO 3x10 front group

XO rear 11-36 group

XO shifters

formula brakes

biggest weight loss was on wheels stans ZTR crest with nutec hubs (spelling?)

rear tyre maxxis full tubeless crossmark

front tyre conti X king protection non tubeless fitted tubeless

2 x bottle cages jetblack carbon

the cost can be reduced by getting your lbs to watch for specials packages from the agents especially when new models are due out and let u know what is on offer at what prices.

I am weighing 93kgs at this point but found when down to 88kgs the bike definitely road better so the old story lose weight on the rider first is vey true as my times are definitely slower, the lightness on the bike I find did not show up to a marked degree in general riding but when you put it into technical stuff the agility is far better on the lighter bike and that is where the benefit is to me anyway.

My bike is about 12kg's without pedals and bar ends.

Then I put myself on it, with a Camelbak with a few liters of liquid, a pump, some puncture goodies, a multitool etc

My philosophy is that Im out to mountainbike, not for a weigh in competition.

Mountain bikers are supposed to be hardcore, no?

Giant Anthem X1 is advertised as 11.5kg - mine was 12.5kg !!

New wheels and a few upgrades over the last year will get me just under 12kg. That is not light, but it doesnt matter. Its a strong reliable build and I am 100kg anyway.

You got ripped Giant has a disclaimer on their site where they refuse to specify their bike weights.

Its the beer! I just can't stop the beer!

So its pointless wasting my bucks on the bike to save a few grams here and there!

My bike is about 12kg's without pedals and bar ends.

Then I put myself on it, with a Camelbak with a few liters of liquid, a pump, some puncture goodies, a multitool etc

My philosophy is that Im out to mountainbike, not for a weigh in competition.

Mountain bikers are supposed to be hardcore, no?

No we just know how to have fun, a lighter bike does climb better, and its easier to throw around than a heavier machine, But i have my new baby, and she's a bit overweight, even with the additional weight till she goes on her diet plan its the most awesome machine ever built.

Bottom line its nice to have a light bike but not the alpha and the omega for someone who goes out to enjoy mountainbiking, if your a A group contender, and mountainbike to race then sure get your 9kg carbon hardtail.

For the rest of us, as you upgrade your spec your bike will loose weight anyway.