Eating on TT

fandacious

i looked for gels at makro but they didnt stock. another option are the jungle energy bars, the berry ones are nice and soft... but i find them too delicious and eat them when im not riding!

I normally buy the jungle energy bars from the BP across the road. will grab a few of those 2morrow morning and prep the carb drinks this evening.

thanks for the tips guys. Its going to be very painful, but watch out for me next week @ tour de vino - i'll be the guy winning it Tongue

Drink - do not eat. Something with some high energy.

Most importantly put the head down close your eyes (it on a trainer right) and a get into the trans!!!

I done a couple of these a really sweaty 2hrs workout.

Good luck fandacious!  Hey when you are warmed up, come and join us for the Audi TT on Sunday.  Looks like you will be ready for an easy 40k's?!

...then you can kick our butts at the vino!

I done a couple of these a really sweaty 2hrs workout.

you did a 100km in 2hours on a trainer?! There must have been smoke pouring off the trainer by the time you were done...

Good luck fandacious!  Hey when you are warmed up' date=' come and join us for the Audi TT on Sunday.  Looks like you will be ready for an easy 40k's?!

...then you can kick our butts at the vino!
[/quote']

har har.... saturday is a sloooooow (4hrs) 100km ride out to franschoek and back. just to jam a few extra miles into the legs Wink

Does the King cycle count as a indoor trainer? If so yup - If I really think hard the time may bave been closer to 2h4min. Ian Rodgers - X bike max may still have those test result as it was a study he did while at UCT

Does the King cycle count as a indoor trainer? If so yup - If I really think hard the time may bave been closer to 2h4min. Ian Rodgers - X bike max may still have those test result as it was a study he did while at UCT

wow... thats insane... respect!

Was boring as hell... no music, TV, dancing girls or anything. Just me and the whining of the computrainer.

Pops and marius once did a 200km on the Computrainer @ SSI...

Hi Fands, that was the 200km DC trial last year. Best exercise i have done in a long time, no excuse for bad weather.

Sat 200 km on your own (to make sure you can do 200km on a bike)

2 weeks rest

then 100 km TT Sat, light cycling for 2h45 in the week, next Sat 200km DC,

2 weeks rest

then 100 km TT Sat, light cycling for 2h45 in the week, next Sat 200km DC, worked it out, it was over 1000km of cycling on the IDT.

about 7 hours for each 200km = 21 H + 3H (100km) + 3H (100km) + 2h45 + 2h45 = 29 h 30 on the indoor trainer.

They paid us a R1000 = R1 per K.