High Pressure hose - cleaning a MTB

RodTi

hydraulic brakes dont like high pressure water at all! you get away with using a hp cleaner for a long time till you realise that like Big H said your headsets grease is all gone (happened to me) your bearings are all rusting and you cant remove your rusted seatpost etc etc a high pressure cleaner forces water into places on your bike that shouldnt get water, so if you do use it rather stand away from the bike and dont get up close. IMO a hosepipe and some elbow grease gets the job done just as well

I wouldnt use it....ever! when back home after a ride, I hose of my bike without the sprayer attachment...then wash and elbow grease and rinse!

I use the high pressure cleaner but avoid BB nd derailer... Works like a CHARM ;) 5 Minutes clean and your bike will show your reflection in it!

I cant understand why people have issues using HP on their bikes. Been using one for 20 years. As long as you service your bike and check the Wheel,BB and headset bearings every so often. In fact I can count on my 1 hand how many times I have washed my bike without one.

1.Spray bike off.

2.Apply Prepsol

3.Spray bike off.

4.Leave to dry.

5.Lube Chain.

The work takes less than 4 Min.