LBS - Customer Service

Caerus

Excuse the rants, but I need to vent some frustration about my local bike store.

First Rant: Arrogance and attitude will not give you my hard earned cash. Im sorry but because I ask too questions does not mean you can have an attitude with me, then show complete arrogance when I question your answers casue they dont make much sense too me - Thats the last time I spend any money there, ever. So much so I have three diiferant people all being the same, right from the most junior sales person right through to the owner. Talk about apple not falling far from the tree.

Second Rant: Older models vs Newer models - Surely the price of the older model should come down if the 2011 model comes out better specked then the first. Then when I question why Im told a load of bollocks about the bikes already being paid for etc etc, blah blah blah. We all know there is an already massive mark-up on that bike, so for you not to even offer a small discount, blows my mind :rolleyes: . The newer models are way better specked and are 27 speed as opposed to 24 speed. Yet I must pay the same price??? :angry: (Your'e off your head mate) Spouting rubbish about a lower end market blah blah blah. Then I would have gone to Game for that kind of bike.

Third Rant: I was told by this stores expert sales people that they are phasing out 24 speed components about a month ago, just so they could get me too upgrade my bike to 27 speed through them(like that would ever happen, even before today, what with your already over the top prices) Then this i when I get an arrogant owner wonder over, butt right in, and tell me in no uncertain terms will the older models come down in price, and that there will always be a market for 24 speed bikes :huh: . Then just wonder off again, when I start to ask questions he didnt like. :blink:

So am I being over the top? :unsure: I dont think so, Im a consumer that was ready to do business with you then you show me so much contempt, that the only future dealings you will have with me will be from my doctor removing my shoe out your arse. :angry:

So any advice will be greatly appreciated on how to deal with this :) I will name and shame on the opinions I recieve If its deemed nescessary

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not just bike shops mate just go to incredible corruption and youll get even worse service and advice.

fact is 24 wont be phased out but development on those will stop, i.e they probably wont get better or lighter.

If you lbs have already paid for stock on the floor and wont mark it down, ask them to phone the distrobuter to see what the best price is they can give you for the same model thats on the floor currently. i.e the bike shop still makes their profit but you should get a vast discount, if they refuse politly thank them and turn around and start phoneing other bike shops while "browsing" within earshot of the owner.

Ive done that a couple of times works like a bomb. :D

so which shop was it?

NO other comments - Am I being crazy or is this how you should deal with a customer about to spend money in your shop on a new bike & accessories :unsure:

Thats not just bike shops mate just go to incredible corruption and youll get even worse service and advice.

fact is 24 wont be phased out but development on those will stop, i.e they probably wont get better or lighter.

If you lbs have already paid for stock on the floor and wont mark it down, ask them to phone the distrobuter to see what the best price is they can give you for the same model thats on the floor currently. i.e the bike shop still makes their profit but you should get a vast discount, if they refuse politly thank them and turn around and start phoneing other bike shops while "browsing" within earshot of the owner.

I did that yesterday, as soon as I mentioned the prices that I had been qouted for the new GT, Scott, Merida it almost incenced the shop owner even further( kinda like it was take it or leave it, there was no bargaining) - Funny thing is I bought my bike from them and Ive since spent loads of money in there already. Now they can whistle Dixie for any further business from me. I'll just have to drive a further 15 mins to another bike shop - So be it. Im was just pi$$ed at all the shop workers & owners arrogance and lies basically.

i.e the bike shop still makes their profit but you should get a vast discount, if they refuse politly thank them and turn around and start phoneing other bike shops while "browsing" within earshot of the owner.

Covie , I do the same . . . IT does work !!!

If they show me bad attitude I never do bussiness again, unless it's an emergency.

Last year when I moved to Mpumalanga, I went to the lbs and the owner/mechanic was very rude and said it's my fault that blah blah blah happened etc. So I left and from then on I did all my bussiness at Epic Sport in centurion. Stupid lbs lost thousands of rands because of that incident. (It's all about the attitude)

When I get bad service from a shop I'll only get that particular item from some place else, because that was not the shops fault. ONly the salesperson.

It's weird, but this is how I do it

Stewie in my mind the sales rep IS the bike shop not the owner, they should be friendly, deliver a quality service and have really good knowledge.

It ths sales rep is a bit green he/she should refer you to the onwer or a more experianced rep that can help.

Problem is they work for commision and they will try and bullsh!t just to get you to not speak to another rep in the same shop.

I can understand that but its wrong and does more harm than good.

That's true covie. Luckily no one has ever tried to bull**** me, because I go in and tell them exactly what I want.

The "bad service" I was mentioning was when I ask them to find something or a price from the supplier and they never phone me back. Then I just get it from someplace else.

It still sucks that they don't get back to me.

I still cant believe that I was told by them that 24 speed was being phased out only to then be told that " that has too be entry level bikes, so why would the phase them out" :huh: Not what your guys told me before when I was thinking of upgrading my old 24speed hardtail -

Another funny thing. Been phoning around on prices this morning(Siverback Saturn 2011- small) and the best price so far has been the intenet company, www.bicyclesforsale-sa.co.za, they are R600 cheaper then one of my LBS and the cheapest bike store has been R5250(Cape Town store) but will still need to get the bike sent to me - a further R270. So off to do some barginning - If anyone knows a shop that could beat those prices please do tell - Ill definatly give them my money rather ;)

Lets see who will want my business and do the best deal? Do you think they will play ball? :unsure:

Crack,Where in Durban is this bike shop :(

Lets just say it is at a major shopping centre in the Durban area - And its not Gateway. ;)

That's true covie. Luckily no one has ever tried to bull**** me, because I go in and tell them exactly what I want.

The "bad service" I was mentioning was when I ask them to find something or a price from the supplier and they never phone me back. Then I just get it from someplace else.

It still sucks that they don't get back to me.

That really grates my cheese :angry:

That really grates my cheese :angry:

Thank goodness your cheese is grated and not cut. Phew!

I cannot stand being lied to least of all by sales people (used to be one). I expect good service and I will compliment the person who gives me great service: to be fair, I will also tell the person who gives me shoddy service to call the Manager/Owner for me.

When parts get superseded, and the new items are cheaper then you need to make the old stock more attractive or you will wind up with your very own museum because no one will buy them.

I still cant believe that I was told by them that 24 speed was being phased out only to then be told that " that has too be entry level bikes, so why would the phase them out" :huh: Not what your guys told me before when I was thinking of upgrading my old 24speed hardtail -

Another funny thing. Been phoning around on prices this morning(Siverback Saturn 2011- small) and the best price so far has been the intenet company, www.bicyclesforsale-sa.co.za, they are R600 cheaper then one of my LBS and the cheapest bike store has been R5250(Cape Town store) but will still need to get the bike sent to me - a further R270. So off to do some barginning - If anyone knows a shop that could beat those prices please do tell - Ill definatly give them my money rather ;)

Lets see who will want my business and do the best deal? Do you think they will play ball? :unsure:

Ive managed a best price of R5000 so far from one LBS - Not bad :) Lets see what I can do on Monday when I call places back too see if they would better prices, also mentioning who the competition was seemed to get an instant 10% discount at the LBS. Amazing the best price was from the shop initially charging the most. Mmmmm :huh: Lets see if they will also do discounts on helmet & other equipment. ;)