What a Crappy weekend

Clint Adams

Went for a ride yesterday and my Float shock got stuck.

Now i really need to take the shock to my LBS on monday.

What to do what to do????????? :(

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crappy weekend indeed.

Was suppose to do a duatlon in Potch this morning, but got stuck in Hatfield. Now I'm all tired, lying around the house, eating junk and not riding my bike.

Same here been sick now for a week and no signs of getting better really miffed. And I am no expert but never heard of a shock just getting stuck without something seriously being wrong with it. Go get a quote from your LBS to fix, though speak to this guy he has a brand new rp23 for sale and seeing as nobody seems to want to buy it I am sure he will give it to you for an even better price

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/81073-brand-new-rp23price-drop/page__pid__1134978#entry1134978

Stop bitching, I got an infected right testicle the size of a watermelon. I have to avoid walking and no saddle for 2 weeks.

Then again, Afrika ain't for sissies!

Big J when you getting your toy I want to see the process of a roadie being converted into a mud blooded MTB boykie.

Stop bitching, I got an infected right testicle the size of a watermelon. I have to avoid walking and no saddle for 2 weeks.

Then again, Afrika ain't for sissies!

You win hands down! Nobody is gonna top this story. Good luck

I am not sure anybody wants to top him :)

Big J when you getting your toy I want to see the process of a roadie being converted into a mud blooded MTB boykie.

Howzittttt, I would think it should arrive during the week sometime, had to get it from JHB cause the agents down here had no stock in my size. Have to wait for the shoes anyway. But if the bike arrives before the shoes will just put the look pedals on for a couple of days and ride with my road shoes. But hope its here by Friday. :)

This is not uncommon and since you said you did a bit of googling, I'm sure you came across it and the remedy. It happens when a seal inside the air chamber starts to leak air into the chamber on the other side. It is a bit like pumping only the negative air side of your dual air fork. Not serious, but requires some caution in undoing. Stock to the trick of a cloth in the shock eye and cover the whole thing with a heavy cloth so that if it goes shooting, there is a parachute to keep it down.

One uncooperative shock doth not make a crappy weekend.

Clint noticed that you are in Stellies, if you dont come right I have only heard good things about Hein at Kroffe Fietse in Paarl. He has a guy that can fix anything and I mean anything. Not even the agents of some of the brands could fix shocks like he does. What I meant was that there was a shock that was un repairable and they fixed it.

I don't think "hands down" is the right expression to use for a story regarding vasectomy difficulties.

And calling it a hard luck story won't stand up either.

Anyhoo, Clint, hope you bounce back from your fork failure.