Check these wheels

EugeneP

I have a pair of the American Classic wheels and they are the best wheels that I have riden and for the weight, aerodynamics and price you cannot get a better wheelset.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never take a spare tubby with on a race. I use slime in my tubbies. 

Have you ever tried to get a tubby off the rim after 100km when your hands are tired and you can don't have the moaral and energy to go to all the effort because you know you are going to loose at least 20min. Then there is the story of the glue....on the fingers and gloves....on the clothes....all over the bike....

If I get a puncture then I just climb on the sweep vehicle. At least slime reduces the chances of getting a flat and it has to be really bad to get a total flat.

As far as I can remember the AM Classic carbons use the Zipp rims - just rebadged and with different hubs (hence the 38 & 58mm depths)

You only put about 10-15 grams of slime in a tubby, hardly a major penalty.

Another great deap section option at a reasonable price are the Zipp Flashpoints. They are essentially the old non-dimpled Zipps that Zipp continued to manufacture as their budget wheel -Cycletech in Kyalami has them. I ride the 303 Clincher Equivalent Flashpoint as my daily wheel, they are the identical weight to the Mavic Ksyrium ES but have a far better ride and the added Aero benefit - and are substantially cheaper than the dimpled Zipps yet retain the pedigree and backup.