Check these wheels

EugeneP

Look at this picture from the Pro-lite site and youwill see all the stuff comes from the same factory. See the Equinox product.

http://www.pro-lite.net/includes_content/images/gaviacbrake.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So do we have a formal weight limit on those? I've also heard that some horror stories on American Classics and broken spokes, where's amoryns?

I've just got myself a set for R5' date='000.00 (OK, second hand). Nah nah, nah nah!!!Tongue

One word of warning, how much do you weigh eugeneP. A lot of guys complain about broken spokes with American Classics yet I've had my 420's for 2-3 years, not one spoke broken yet.

So, if you're a lightie I'd say go for it. I can't wait to try my tubbies out.

[/quote']

so what, you saying I'm FAT, is that what you are SAYING!!!!!!!! hiehie, have not broken a spoke in a while, but yess, broke about 20 so far onmy AC 420's, had the wheel re-spoked with rond DT Spokes after a year of so, broke two right after that, had it done again and so far no problem. Think the guy that build the wheels did not know what he was doing, that's all. I weigh 75kg, that's not that much!

I got Lilo a pair of 420's aswell, she'll have to save up herself for those deepsections!Embarrassed

So do we have a formal weight limit on those? I've also heard that some horror stories on American Classics and broken spokes' date=' where's amoryns?[/quote']

Well of course they are going to shred to smitherines if you head straight into the pavement with them at some interesting angleWink

That wasn't the wheel's fault, then again it wasn't Amoryn's either!!

Hey, what's happened to the girl lately??

I've just got myself a set for R5' date='000.00 (OK, second hand). Nah nah, nah nah!!!Tongue

One word of warning, how much do you weigh eugeneP. A lot of guys complain about broken spokes with American Classics yet I've had my 420's for 2-3 years, not one spoke broken yet.

So, if you're a lightie I'd say go for it. I can't wait to try my tubbies out.

[/quote']

so what, you saying I'm FAT, is that what you are SAYING!!!!!!!! hiehie, have not broken a spoke in a while, but yess, broke about 20 so far onmy AC 420's, had the wheel re-spoked with rond DT Spokes after a year of so, broke two right after that, had it done again and so far no problem. Think the guy that build the wheels did not know what he was doing, that's all. I weigh 75kg, that's not that much!

I got Lilo a pair of 420's aswell, she'll have to save up herself for those deepsections!Embarrassed

Yes Marius, your FAT Big%20smileEmbarrassed

That's just what I've heard....Not that you are fat but that the lighter you are the less hassles you have with the AC's. I personally love mine and really love the way they corner, and wouldn't trade them.

I think it becomes a personal thing again.

Marius, good to hear you got yours right now, maybe it depends if you get a friday set (like cars).

Personally, I think if you weigh more than 80kg - 85kg, I wouldn't get a set.Embarrassed

I have a set of Corima that were branded LOOK. I only race with the wheels and it makes a big difference. The big thing for me would be service and back up on wheels if anything went wrong..

I raced with a spare tubby on Sun and it was the last time I carry unnecessary weight with me in a race. If the slime does not kick in then tough luck, I will get on the sweep vehicle.

I punctured 3 times at Carousel and the slime closed all 3 punctures.

WW - so none for me Cry! Lucky cause I can't afford them, now when someone says why don't you have a fancy set of deep sections I can say cause they don't make them strong enough!

WW - so none for me Cry! Lucky cause I can't afford them' date=' now when someone says why don't you have a fancy set of deep sections I can say cause they don't make them strong enough![/quote']

Big%20smileBig%20smileClapClap

Finally a viable excuse for us 'industrial sized' cyclists

I have a set of AC Carbons. They ride like a dream and are very comfortable.

I have not had any problems up to now with broken spokes or the carbon starting to disintergrate or delaminate.

They are a good alternative to ZIPP 404's, and at a 6K price diff definitely worth it. You won't be sorry!

Funny enough, the deeper the section supposedly the less strain on the spokes, so maybe you can use themWink I'm just going on my 420's.

BB, I'm now suffering from the outlays of all the cycling stuff. It depends, would you rather admit you are fat or poor??

How about fat and poor Wink ,nah they just don't make them strong enough for my superior power to weight ratio! Ok so more weight than power but who's to know? I won't be telling that to Bruce/Marius/Etwerp and other power experts, just your run of the mill backmarker around me.

I raced with a spare tubby on Sun and it was the last time I carry unnecessary weight with me in a race. If the slime does not kick in then tough luck' date=' I will get on the sweep vehicle.

[/quote']

What slime are you using Fees? and how did you get it in there. The reason I'm asking is that I use to be able to inject some Stans sealant into my Conti Comp tubbies, but have since started using another set in the Conti Series but it can't use the value extensions with the removable core if you understand what I'm saying, any ways, so now it's got that Black Plastic Zipp Extension on, and I have no idea how to get some Stans liquide into the tubbies?

They do weigh 1150 grams. You won't get a better deal where price versus weight is concerned. They are actually lighter than Zipp 404's!

I raced with a spare tubby on Sun and it was the last time I carry unnecessary weight with me in a race. If the slime does not kick in then tough luck' date=' I will get on the sweep vehicle.

I punctured 3 times at Carousel and the slime closed all 3 punctures.
[/quote']

Its a trade off isnt it ?. Do you

a) Carry the spare tubby in your pocket, or

b) Carry the extra rotating weight of the slime in your wheels.

Does anyone know how much weight is added to wheels by the slime?. And lets not forget its rotating weight which is the killer.

PS ( if anyone finds a spare lung out there on Hells, its mine, I left it there on Sunday!)

Irishj92007-09-18 03:22:17

The spare tubby with half my picnic basket was damn heavy on Sunday. The tubby came loose and I had to put it in the back pocket of my shirt.

I see a lot of guys on racing wheels with no spare tubby. I would however use a spare at Ironman.

I have Joes in my wheels. Currently riding Continental Gatorskins at the moment. My local bike mech did it for me. He says the solution works better than the Stans.