CraterCruise 10km detour

kingalton

as if the cratercruise isnt tough enough, batch C and D were not correctly marshalled at the start and we got to do an extra 10km, so ended up doing almost 115km in the 42deg heat on saturday - its very dissapointing. bad marshalling and course marking is becoming a real problem lately with MTB races, i cant think of a race i have done lately where a bit of guess work isnt involved in trying to find ones way through the course....

Don't stress, it was OPCrace' idea of a joke. We had an argument about how people are like sheep so to prove a point he bolted to the front and turned right instead of left. We all followed him. It was pretty funny hey? We ended up doing 118km. So much of fun in the sun.

I would love to hear what Fritz and Team has to say about our LITTLE problem and if they plan to resolve any of it and how they are planning to do so.

whats 10 extra km's out of 100km's. :o

It was a ball ache i must be honest, kinda through you mentally as you had to play "catchup" and also ended up at the back of the pack, so in the single track / uphills you had traffic to deal with.....

but all in all it was a good race, very hot though

Manbearpig, this was supposed to be a private experiment ....same as you setting the forest alight near the end....and not to mention the little boy that gave you goosebumps at the waterpoint :blink:

whats 10 extra km's out of 100km's. :o

An extra 20-30 minutes, just a thought.

I was fortunate enough to do the standard distance, in that heat I would have hated to have ridden for another 20 minutes or so.

I would love to hear what Fritz and Team has to say about our LITTLE problem and if they plan to resolve any of it and how they are planning to do so.

They gonna demand R20 extra from you for that detour you did :P

Grabbing coat and out of here at lightning speed!

Manbearpig, this was supposed to be a private experiment ....same as you setting the forest alight near the end....and not to mention the little boy that gave you goosebumps at the waterpoint :blink:

Manbearpig, will get you for that one. I so hoped a crocodile would bite off your willy while you were out fishing after the race...

An extra 20-30 minutes, just a thought.

I was fortunate enough to do the standard distance, in that heat I would have hated to have ridden for another 20 minutes or so.

My time was 2 hours longer then yours, on a geared forkin bicycle with plush fox fork, it was HELL. Had a fillet with fry's and spinach at Papachinos to make up for my hardship ;)

They should completely do away with marshalls at MTB races . If a race is over 50km maybe a water point . We never had this type of mouning and crying in the old days when we raced across Paarl mountain on our delivery bikes ! We already expect organizers to clean up after us , fill our water bottles , phone our mommies if we get a punture and take our hands and lead us around the course .

I was part of the C and D batch that followed.

Well done with your joke....

Welcome to the Hub Danny! Rule #465: Hubbers often joke about joking, even if we sound serious we are usually joking.

Stiffs about the extra km's, we k@kked off too. I'm just glad they didn't charge us more!

p.s. I swear I didn't start the forest fire. It was Natrix.

Welcome Danny M.... BWAHAHA sorry ;)

Manbearpig is right, Nathrix is the cruelest Hubber ever! After all, he made the Ladies and bicycles thread disappear :angry:

Welcome Danny M.... BWAHAHA sorry ;)

Manbearpig is right, Nathrix is the cruelest Hubber ever! After all, he made the Ladies and bicycles thread disappear :angry:

What "Ladies & Bicycles - NSFW" thread? Never heard of it :o I distance myself from your statement :P

What "Ladies & Bicycles - NSFW" thread? Never heard of it :o I distance myself from your statement :P

Where did it go? Bet you are not that good you can make it come back pronto!