peanut butter worries

moby3

hi, can anyone tell me if it is true that peanut butter has a very high transfat content because the peanuts are roasted? I wolf down the stuff and it would break my heart to have to give it up!

Thanks

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, can anyone tell me if it is true that peanut butter has a very high transfat content because the peanuts are roasted? I wolf down the stuff and it would break my heart to have to give it up!

Thanks

Why would you want to give it up, eat Woolworths organic peanut butter then. Wha you so worried about?

its just a cycling friend refused a handfull of roasted peanuts on our ride yesterday. Says its very bad for you roasted. high in transfat, im not sure but transfat sounds like one of the bad fats? Also says peanutbutter has roasted nuts...

peanut butter worries...

I only worry that the shops have enough stock of the Original Crunchy Black Cat Peanut-butter-NJUMMYness :clap:

its just a cycling friend refused a handfull of roasted peanuts on our ride yesterday. Says its very bad for you roasted. high in transfat, im not sure but transfat sounds like one of the bad fats? Also says peanutbutter has roasted nuts...

Give him a swift kick to the nuts :ph34r: A few peanuts aint go do anything to you, its not like youre eating a kg of nuts at one go and then sitting on your arse

"Natures choice" also makes their own peanut butter. It is specifically roasted at low temperatures for a longer time.

Get your cholestrol checked if you are so worried. If its below 5 then you are good.

Had mine checked..... 3.1 ........ off to go have some peanut butter! :clap:

i freakin love peanut butter.. although i have found out i am alergic to the stuff.. what are the odds hey!

i freakin love peanut butter.. although i have found out i am alergic to the stuff.. what are the odds hey!

my condolences buddy,

what symptoms do get from chowing peanut butter?

I know that transfats are the worst kind of fat. Never even thought about roasting causing transfats. Food for thought.

I eat the YUM YUM with no sugar or salt by the tub load :D I'm 25 weigh 67kg and have a good cholestral (just thought I'd add that).

Edited by cosborne

I'm a peanut butter junkie and I did my yearly physical recently and amongst all the questions about diet and dodgy things to avoid there was none about peanut butter.

Eish, poor dude. :( No more for you