New Roadblock Protocols

Caerus

How are they going to process all these people, they even want to check passengers as well. Dont see how this wiil work :unsure:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good strategy.... that way they can accept more bribes per car.

Bwha ha ha. My mate got stopped the other day in Jossie, they wanted a couple cans of coke as a bribe.:lol:

The past couple of morning I've seen an interesting speed trap. Traveling east on John Adamson in Montgomery Park there's a guy with a camera under a tree and behind him a satelite dish pointing further away from him. Half a block away there is another satelite dish pointing towards the 1st one. This is at an intersection so that cars can be pulls off without disrupting the traffic. Does this now mean that they can pull you off as soon as they have caught you on camera?

The past couple of morning I've seen an interesting speed trap. Traveling east on John Adamson in Montgomery Park there's a guy with a camera under a tree and behind him a satelite dish pointing further away from him. Half a block away there is another satelite dish pointing towards the 1st one. This is at an intersection so that cars can be pulls off without disrupting the traffic. Does this now mean that they can pull you off as soon as they have caught you on camera?

That sounds almost like the speed camera's in the UK where instead of just trapping you at one spot, they monitor your speed between two points.

That sounds almost like the speed camera's in the UK where instead of just trapping you at one spot, they monitor your speed between two points.

Its a good idea

We passed them on our bikes this morning at about 45 km/ph.

How are they going to process all these people, they even want to check passengers as well. Dont see how this wiil work :unsure:

Pray tell whats the latest protocol.? What can they check passengers for, not wearing a seatbelt maybe, but what else.?

Pray tell whats the latest protocol.? What can they check passengers for, not wearing a seatbelt maybe, but what else.?

Is there a law that says you must carry your ID if you are a passenger? What if you tell the cop you can't remember your ID number?

They want to check for tax dodgers, illegal immigrants, if you may have a warrant. Pretty much everything. If you dont have your id they will take finger prints for processing :( I cant see how it would work, its seems a massive infringement on ones human rights :unsure:

Edited by Caerus

...and search them for weapons and drugs.Wonder where they are getting the search warrants from?

It was the same a few years back with Drinking and driving.They made hundreds of arrests and siezed the cars but then the law suites started and....the cars were returned and they had to pay for damages and there were very few court convictions.The State paid out huge amounts in illegal arrest cases to.

They are always on show just before the Christmas holidays.

They want to check for tax dodgers, illegal immigrants, if you may have a warrant. Pretty much everything. If you dont have your id they will take finger prints for processing :( I cant see how it would work, its seems a massive infringement on ones human rights :unsure:

Hmm, I havent heard of it, but they cant just infringe on your rights without this been passed through government and been gazetted, has this happened?, cos I havent heard about it.

No Chris-65 as far as I know theres no law that says a passenger has to carry their ID book, in fact theirs no law that says a driver has to carry his ID book, just his / her license.

Maybe its all something they plan to do in the future.?

As I have said before, this country is turning into a nanny state, the state is encroaching more and more into the average civilians life, I for one am not too fond of it.

Hmm, I havent heard of it, but they cant just infringe on your rights without this been passed through government and been gazetted, has this happened?, cos I havent heard about it.

No Chris-65 as far as I know theres no law that says a passenger has to carry their ID book, in fact theirs no law that says a driver has to carry his ID book, just his / her license.

Maybe its all something they plan to do in the future.?

As I have said before, this country is turning into a nanny state, the state is encroaching more and more into the average civilians life, I for one am not too fond of it.

It was in the Natal Mercury yesterday morning. They want to roll it out the Xmas holidays - From IOL http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/super-roadblocks-on-the-way-1.687531

Edited by Caerus