Bicycling Mag - Pull your socks up!

Eldron

Don't knock running! With just two months of interval running, and 350km of cycling, I could do a semi-respectable 3H13 94.7 Will not dare doing the opposite! Two months of LIGHT cycling and the equivalent kms of running (~90) go and do a running 1/2 marathon or longer? NOT A CHANCE

Remember, runners do cycling on their 'rest' days as it is a nice and easy exercise, and cyclists run to get stronger.... :P

Anycase, the Runners World suffers from the same malady as what Bicycling does. :thumbdown:

Maybe they could interview Forrest Gump, he liked to run. :huh:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been buying Bicycling and Ride for 5 odd years now, lately Tread and Go Multi, and now that the price has come down SA Triathlon and must say that Bicycling stylistically looks the best but really has become a weak imitation of what it used to be.

Problem is I love cycling and fly a few times a month and need some stimulation on those otherwise mind numbingly boring 2 hour flights...lately once I've bought all of the above mags I end up buying Car, Popular Mechanics, Bike SA, You, People etc....I was desperate when I bought the last 2 okay!

LOL

I've been buying Bicycling and Ride for 5 odd years now, lately Tread and Go Multi, and now that the price has come down SA Triathlon and must say that Bicycling stylistically looks the best but really has become a weak imitation of what it used to be.

Problem is I love cycling and fly a few times a month and need some stimulation on those otherwise mind numbingly boring 2 hour flights...lately once I've bought all of the above mags I end up buying Car, Popular Mechanics, Bike SA, You, People etc....I was desperate when I bought the last 2 okay!

LOL

Why not buy a book? Just putting it out there

Jeesh, that's really shameless reprinting :thumbdown: :thumbdown: ......WELL SPOTTED ELDRON!!

SO THEY ARE BASICALLY NOT A MAGAZINE ANYMORE, BUT (RE)PRINTING STUDIO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pretty much like cycling? You sit on your behind, and make your feet go round and round and round. Oh... and some bikes have gears :P

FAIL, that didnt work!

But if you do it quicker, its called sprinting. ;) Sorry I spoiled next months issue

:lol:

... INTERVAL running...

Now they are even steeling words from cycling to fill the pages :lol:

There goes another months issue!

Check out the hottest discussed topic in the runners community - world wide:

post-4352-021768700 1288634728.jpg

Two replies (one was "yes" the other "no, your nuts"- that is enough for them to start a running encyclopedia! :clap:

Fair point and I've just finished Superfreakonomics and Eat Smart for Sport (both quite good by the way) but on a flight with constant distractions I enjoy reading something a little "lighter" if you know what I mean.

By the way has anyone else noticed how many "weight challenged" i.e. FAT people there are on flights nowadays...and don't think the food trolley sneak past them without them topping up on a 1000 Kcals of chips, jelly tots, kit kats and of course the diet Coke...unbelieveable!

Two words - boring and predictable (Ok so technically that’s three)

MBUK Mountain Bike UK is the bench mark though as far as mountain bike mags go.

The down side for us saffers is the price since it has to be imported.

Surely we can produce the equivalent or better mag here ...... perhaps Tread is getting there...

Fair point and I've just finished Superfreakonomics and Eat Smart for Sport (both quite good by the way) but on a flight with constant distractions I enjoy reading something a little "lighter" if you know what I mean.

By the way has anyone else noticed how many "weight challenged" i.e. FAT people there are on flights nowadays...and don't think the food trolley sneak past them without them topping up on a 1000 Kcals of chips, jelly tots, kit kats and of course the diet Coke...unbelieveable!

Weight challenged - Bwah ha ha ha. I do hear you on the book reading on a plane, It must cost you a small fortune and what a waste of the poor trees mate, think about the trees :(

Guest agteros

Now.... Why do the Schalk Burger thingy and go for the man and not the ball? :thumbdown:

Now.... Why do the Schalk Burger thingy ...

... it could have been worse. He could have done the Bees Roux thing or even the Bakkies Botha thing, but that sort of behaviour only flies in Pretoria.

See there is a "Sean Badenhorst" user name from one of the Hubbers?

If I remembered correctly, The previous Editor from this magazine also had the same name?

Wonder if this is the same guy?

Last time I heard from him, he was the guy testing all new equipment...

But as said, the magazine is really not up to standard. :thumbdown:

This magazine is crap and has always been crap. We all know that to a greater or lesser extent. What worries me is the number of people who believe stuff said in these magazines and makes decisions based on this so-called advice.

Their statements are always wild (yes, I meant to say always) and totally nonsensical. If you don't believe me, just have a good look at any paragraph written about any product.

Not a single one of its myriad of editors have ever managed to take the bull by the horns and make anything decent of the magazine. This goes for the US version as well, btw.

Avoid it like a saddlesore convention.

See there is a "Sean Badenhorst" user name from one of the Hubbers?

If I remembered correctly, The previous Editor from this magazine also had the same name?

Wonder if this is the same guy?

Last time I heard from him, he was the guy testing all new equipment...

But as said, the magazine is really not up to standard. :thumbdown:

Uhm... hard to know if you're being serious?? :blink:

thing i hate is the bike reviews and cover pics, look at the silverback space review the pics is not of the bike but rather of a oke in assos clothing same can be said of the cover pics

Edited by raptor