How many Hubbers actually buy from CRC.

Burts

Ordered a couple of times, often join others ordering to keep costs low, last order i bought Easton wheels at a price significantly better than anywhere in SA. I found them prompt to reply to queries and between them and the local Buycycle site i get most of my cycle stuff.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick check revealed that I have spent just shy of R50k on my credit card there the last two years.

That consists of personal purchases as well as paying for group purchases

Edited by Wernervdmerwe

Have orderred about R10 000 worth of stuff over the last 2 - 3 years, not exactly much compared to other guys. Haven't had any problems. Ordered anything from small screws and washers, hydroulic brakefluid, wheels rims, groupsets, friends have ordered complete bikes...

So there's really no issues with them... you'll often see guys on the hub advertising that they're going to put in an order, the perfect opportunity if you only want one or two small things and don't want to pay postage...

Otherwise just order alone...

My longest order took 18 days, got stuck at sa customs, quickest about 7 days...

I would say many of us have bought if only through group orders. I've been in on 4 group orders in the last year.

I also buy from CWC & Icycling and will also support buycycle.

Sometimes local can be cheaper! but always compare your prices. I'm getting two saddles for R175 from CRC soon, but then again I bought an HRM from CWC for half the price of CRC and my XT V-brakes from Icycling where 40% cheaper than CRC.

I use it when I want something specific. I've been giving CWCycles preference lately. Those guys are trying hard and pricing is compeditive too.

I use it when I want something specific. I've been giving CWCycles preference lately. Those guys are trying hard and pricing is compeditive too.

Have to agree on this one!! Cwc can be cheaper these days, on my way to get some joe's slime from them, also cheaper than crc.

Support local if they can compete.

But as you said, crc sure is nice sometimes because they have a huge variety and very often you need some stuff that you can only get from them down to the most odd little parts for almost anything...

Order once a month and spend in the region of 4k and get my orders with in 5 days and have had no problems yet.

Keeping my finger crossed.

But the prices from local store like cwc ,buycycle and from the hub are getting very good.

Keep it local . keep it real !

I order several times a year exactly for the reason that I am out of the CBD. I get everything I want, at the best possible price delivered to my post office down the road. Its convenient, cheap and reliable. I buy mostly consumables, chains, cassetts and accessories.

Bit of a useless thread don't you think. If you've read lots of topics then surely you should know how import tax work. You should also know that lots of guys buy from crc if they mentioned it in other threads.

This is the age of internet buying dude.

Thanx for the info stewie911. For you it might be a useless thread. For me (who don't have the time to do a lot of reading on the hub)it is usefull. Sometimes when I read, I'm actually scanning through. And in the age of internet buying, I make shure that I have all my facts before I buy. So why do you bother to reply to the thread when it is useless??

To the guys who gave me some info (especially on the import tax of clothing and shoes), thanx a million!! :thumbup:

ps. I'm still actually a newbie on The Hub. So please bear with me. I'm still learning how to edit and create a pole and etc etc....

burts: dont take it too seriously. it's the interwebs ;) oh and its poll, not pole :P

:blush: Sorry Capricorn. I'm a boertjie so I speaka da english very delichiosly since the age of twice.

:lol: