How many Hubbers actually buy from CRC.

Burts

3 Times every year for the past 5 years. No issues!

Also use Total Cycling. Good prices and stock availability is sometimes better than CRC. But CRC have some nice stuff.

Going to order within the next month or two.......to me from me....Merry Xmas! :D

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many times...... But since nobody has warned you..... Do you homework properly. Make sure you order the correct items. Thet are located in Ireland and it is difficult to exchange items ordered incorrectly. When you order also make sure the item is in stock as this may delay the order. Do not hesitate to call them. It does not cost t.he price of a farm to do that.

Ok... So we all know about chainreactioncycles and I've read a lot of topics where hubbers suggest fellow hubbers to go to CRC and buy stuff there. But my question is?? How many hubbers actually buy from CRC? I am almost every day on their site. But to be honest... I'm too scared to order something from them. Might be the lack of knowledge regarding the import tax and the fact that I am far from a CBD.

Guys. Is the service really so good and how does the import tax work?

I have placed at least 5 orders in the last year or so.

Excellent service, anything from 5-10 day delivery (local delays).

"Import tax" is around 15-18% on bicycle parts (you can actually get rates on SARS website).

Clothing however is taxed at 40% plus...

Just a tip: shop around well and compare major online store prices, like CWC and buycycle.co.za I have noted that some of the local sellers beat SOME of the prices from CRC.

Shop cleverly, and with an order overt 3k shipping is for free (keep in mind the duties)

Happy shopping

I have placed at least 5 orders in the last year or so.

Excellent service, anything from 5-10 day delivery (local delays).

"Import tax" is around 15-18% on bicycle parts (you can actually get rates on SARS website).Clothing however is taxed at 40% plus...

Just a tip: shop around well and compare major online store prices, like CWC and buycycle.co.za I have noted that some of the local sellers beat SOME of the prices from CRC.

Shop cleverly, and with an order overt 3k shipping is for free (keep in mind the duties)

Happy shopping

There is no "import tax". Bicycle spares are tax free as long as what you import cannot be construed as enough parts to make a bicycle. When the items are cleared by customs and delivered or collected at the Post Offcie you pay 14% VAT as well as 10% of the value of the VAT only.

22 orders in 5 years. no regrets so far. Even bought my Kona frame from them 2yrs ago at R6k cheaper than any quote in SA. I can understand why they are the biggest and best online cycling shop in the world - from a recent survey. Wiggle was 2nd best

I have ordered 12 times in the last year. Totaling about R60,000.00 (I buy some stuff for friends). Twice a small item was sent incorrectly, both times they told me to keep the incorrect item and they gave me a credit for it.

Placing another order now using my 10% off!

I do always check out CWC before ordering, and if an item is a similar price I will buy local.

Ordered twice this year no problems - they sent me two sized gloves and after apologising prefusely refunded me and sent correct ones. I returned the originals and postage was paid by them - very impressed. BTW dont order clothing not worth it!