LEXUS THE GLEN HUB RIDE

Cruzer

Does anyone remember the HUB Ride done from The Merc Dealership in Midrand about 2 years ago?

I was instrumental in putting it together and would like to do the same from the LEXUS Dealership in Gleneagles (JHB South). At Merc we had a nice display from Emotion cycles and Thule who also joined the ride, we had a turn out of about 40 to 50 Hubbers and enjoyed our 60 odd km social ride out to PTA and back to find that Merc had laid out some refreshments (food), coffee, Tea and even a few beers!!

The morning was topped off with one lucky Hubber winning a CLK Cabrio for the weekend!

I say we do this again, LEXUS is fully on board and once again one lucky Hubber will win a weekend in a super stylish Cabriolet!

What do you think?

Edited by Cruzer

So where is Gleneagles?

EDIT:

OK,dumb@sswent back and read the title of the post. This would be at Lexus the Glen.

Give us a date and time and you can count me in. I live around the area and it would be my pleasure to introduce andy to some of the speed bumps around there. Including Peter Ackroyd and Camaro. Not to mention Sneeuberg and some other gentle slopes around Glenvista.

Edited by Slave

I remember that ride, was good fun and we had a nice turnout. It was Wonder Woman who won the won the car for the weekend wasnt it?

Ill be there, depending on the date of course. :thumbup:

Yep it was areally cool ride!

Gleneagles is the Aerea given to the space between Camoro rd and Glenanda North.

Lexus is next to the Glen shopping centre, nest to the Toyota Dealership, Rand Stadium Toyota.

I recon we rope in some more sponsors this time, I am thinking of people winning Carbon Wheels and other otherwise expensive goodies supplied by the companies that feed off cycling in general.

I know that Sign up will get involved and that it wont be a problem to organise Marshals either.

My only question is when?

What about the day before 94.7? If we keep the pace slow and the distance reasonable (as it was last time)it would be a good leg stretcher ride before the race?

Only problem is that the likes of Emotion cycling,Thule and the like will have their hands full at the 94.7 expo.

Looks like there will be no problem getting Hubbers to join in, all we need is a firm date then?

;)

So where is Gleneagles?

EDIT:

OK,dumb@sswent back and read the title of the post. This would be at Lexus the Glen.

Give us a date and time and you can count me in. I live around the area and it would be my pleasure to introduce andy to some of the speed bumps around there. Including Peter Ackroyd and Camaro. Not to mention Sneeuberg and some other gentle slopes around Glenvista.

NICE!! I often hear the people from the North commenting that they have better hills than us ;)

Cruzer dude. There are a few of us from down south. Trubie, The Blue Kid, yours truly and a few others.

I think you can count on quite a decent turnout. Just nail the Lexus and other valuables to the floor for safety reasons. ;)

EDIT:

Oh and on the thing about the hills. I agree. The folk from the north are like the yanks. Everything is bigger and better on the States north.

They just haven't seen some of the hills we ride. When I lived in Naturena, I ran Comrades (back in 88) and I trained around Naturena, Mondeor and Winchester hills. Not many races I ran anywhere had hills like we have. Comrades is an obvious exception. One day I want to ride the Comrades route and go up Inchanga on my bike. :)

Edited by Slave

Yep it was areally cool ride!

Gleneagles is the Aerea given to the space between Camoro rd and Glenanda North.

Lexus is next to the Glen shopping centre, nest to the Toyota Dealership, Rand Stadium Toyota.

I recon we rope in some more sponsors this time, I am thinking of people winning Carbon Wheels and other otherwise expensive goodies supplied by the companies that feed off cycling in general.

I know that Sign up will get involved and that it wont be a problem to organise Marshals either.

My only question is when?

How about a Lexus for 5 years! :D