new CSA fees are stiff!!

martelpypie

I know cyclingSA needs money, but this R350 for kids under 18 is just to much i feel. Should have been R350 from above 18yrs(juniors). What do you do when you have 3 kids all wanting to do mtb races seriously? Then there is the wife and yourself to also cough up. How about family packages? Anybody else that feels the same, or is it just me?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I am missing something here.

What if your kid wants to do Balet, Cricket, Rugby, Gymnastics etc seriously?

Damn that is R 350 for the year. You are gonna spend more on spare parts for the 1'st month.

The next thing that is gonna come up is how dear the entry fees are, so yes they are, but no more than most other sports these days.

I don't like it any more than you, but it is the way it is.

Cycling fees for next year:

CSA Membership: 75

License: 350

Club Fee: 400

Total: 825

Just for me next year

That is before you get to think about racing.

AFAIK, it is only R350 each if all 5 in your family are pro's

R75.00 is the price

Or don't join and buy day licences for R35.00 a time

Edited by chris_w_65

Sorry I am missing something here.

What if your kid wants to do Balet, Cricket, Rugby, Gymnastics etc seriously?

Damn that is R 350 for the year. You are gonna spend more on spare parts for the 1'st month.

The next thing that is gonna come up is how dear the entry fees are, so yes they are, but no more than most other sports these days.

I don't like it any more than you, but it is the way it is.

Dick you do realize if your kids want to do something seriously like rugby, balet, judo etc they actually get value for the money you pay even though its monthly. With CSA your giving it to them for absolutly no reason whatsoever. The cheap bastards couldnt even sponsor our atheletes for the world champs.

Ill pay them R1000 bucks per year if i felt i got value for that money. Name a single MTB trail they have built, development school they started etc.

Cycling fees for next year:

CSA Membership: 75

License: 350

Club Fee: 400

Total: 825

Just for me next year

That is before you get to think about racing.

lol they reckon if you willing to pay R2400 for blingy brake rotors you might as well cough up just cause you dare to try and ride your bike.

CSA se moer.

What does CSA do for ordinary cyclists?

What do they do with the vast sum of money they rake in from the mass events (Argus, 94.7, etc) ?

OK, so this is a family site, so I'll stop there.....but their moer anyway.

From CSA website

Membership will entitle riders to race, be seeded and participate in CSA sanctioned events. Exceptions are detailed under Racing License Section

A racing license allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events. SA Championship events and SA Colors require a racing license. CSA points will only be given to riders a with full racing license.

Racing Licenses are for all riders 16 years and older. Youth Riders and younger can race and get all the racing license benefits as a CSA Member.

From CSA website

Membership will entitle riders to race, be seeded and participate in CSA sanctioned events. Exceptions are detailed under Racing License Section

A racing license allows a rider to represent South Africa and participate in UCI sanctioned events. SA Championship events and SA Colors require a racing license. CSA points will only be given to riders a with full racing license.

Racing Licenses are for all riders 16 years and older. Youth Riders and younger can race and get all the racing license benefits as a CSA Member.

1. Everyone must join CSA as a member

2. Once you are a member, you can upgrade to a full racing license

1. Everyone must join CSA as a member

2. Once you are a member, you can upgrade to a full racing license

And just in case you missed it

Q: What about Junior licenses?

A: There are no Junior licenses. All riders over the age of 16 require a full racing license should they wish to compete in Nationals, UCI events or get National Colors. Youth riders (U16) are only required to become members and will receive all the benefits of a full racing license.

I agree with Johan Rissik - CSA se moer. I paid my fees in July. Got a lekka letter advising of my number and that my card etc would be with me within 7 - 10 days. Over 3 months later and a dozen e-mails and I still have nothing to show for my mpney. They can get stuffed. If they don't use my paid fees for my 2011 licence AND ACTUALLY GET ME MY CARD, I will simply join in any race I feel like riding 100 yards down the road. The previous regime were apparently fraudsters - in my opinion, this new lot are no better. I am no legal beagle but I am sure that if you take someone's money for an intended purpose, on the promise of some trade / goods / services etc, and fail to deliver, that constitutes fraud.

Best you guys stick to riding and never consider taking up golf :P

golf -bwah ha ha - How rubbish

Best you guys stick to riding and never consider taking up golf :P

I am a keen golfer and play regularly, pray, tell me where you pay for something you dont get, or where you percieve the value to be poor.?

@ Grumpy: CSA (Now do I win a free entry for guessing correctly?)

:lol: :lol: - Ha,Ha, yeah, but I was asking more in the line of golf because someone made a comparison with CSA / CYCLING - but the fact is in golf you pay for what you get, in other words I can see a benefit to me for every dime I spend on golf, unfortunately I cant say the same about CSA.