new CSA fees are stiff!!

martelpypie

UNLESS you want to race in the four Licensed categories at SA's or provincial championships, in which case you pay an additional R350.

I think it also applies to the four licensed categories in normal CSA-sanctioned events.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it also applies to the four licensed categories in normal CSA-sanctioned events.

Thats my question......the doc is not 100% clear on this but I think it is the intention:

Racing Licensing

Fee Structure is as follows:

o A member who wishes to race in CyclingSA “elite” [What the hell is this? Nowhere in the doc is this mentioned?? Why not call just Cat1-4] categories or in National events can buy a racing license for an additional R350.

 This license is for all cyclists 17 and older. The Junior Category will therefore not be part of Youth as it has been during 2010

 Youth riders (16 and younger) will race on a membership in all racing events

o Applications can be done on www.cyclingsa.com from 15 Nov.

Guys we have a choice here. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you pay CSA. I see no value for my money, so I have never paid CSA. Each road race I do I just pay for a day license. If you wanna pay so the fat cats can get rich then go ahead, but don't complain about it as YOU have made the choice.

Out of curiosity ... could admin please advise how many Hubbers there listed in order to get an idea of numbers of cyclist there are ... bearing in mind that this figure will only be a small fraction of the cycling community.

This hasn't appeared in writing (yet), but probably will soon.

Guys we have a choice here. No one is holding a gun to your head and making you pay CSA. I see no value for my money, so I have never paid CSA. Each road race I do I just pay for a day license. If you wanna pay so the fat cats can get rich then go ahead, but don't complain about it as YOU have made the choice.

Sure, and this year I have decided not to be part of the CSA party.

Not because I want to be difficult, but when decisions are made that affect me I like to know the rationale behind them, last year the CSA sent out a newsletter, it was one dimensional and usually boring, but it was an attempt to communicate with me and I appreciated that........of course it seems this was also too much trouble and has since fallen by the roadside because I havent seen one for more than a year.

If you want people to back you, then be inclusive and stop been dictatorial, telling me I must pay for something but not telling me why gets my back up and puts me into an "anti" mode, I cant believe CSA cant spend a miserable 5-7k on a half page advert in any of the local magazines (hang, they may even get it for free) on a bi-monthly basis and make an effort to become a more user friendly organisation.

Maybe then I will pay up, even if I dont see value.

Can anyone tell me what a "CSA Sanctioned" event actually means?

Why do some events not require a CSA license to enter?

What happens if I take part in a none CSA sanctioned event while holding a CSA license?

Edited by TNOSE_E

Can anyone tell me what a "CSA Sanctioned" event actually means? Just that. Sanctioned by CSA. There are officials and race cats and commissars etc.

Your local Musina Kerk basaar will probably non sanctioned.

Why do some events not require a CSA license to enter? All events require membership for 2011. If you don't have, you buy a day license.

What happens if I take part in a none CSA sanctioned event while holding a CSA license?

If you are a "Racing" license holder there will be a clause in your contract that states you will be fined if you compete.

This has ALWAYS been the case. Nothing new here. :)