Saddle Width

Malduik

Funny Q:

How do you measure your body to determine your saddle width?

See i bought a scultura with a pro-logo saddle but my perinium and balls go numb after about an hour and although it's bearaboll :D I don't think it's good for conception of my intended children / function of the jewels.

Should i perhaps get a saddle with a gap in the middle?

We thank you for the advice (my wife and i!)

Edited by Malduik

You can get it measured at certain LBS stores.

Caerus means you can get your saddle size measured .. not what you and your wife are thanks the hubbers in advance for ... close call there ... could cause a stir pitching up at your LBS asking such an awkward question thumbup1.gif

Some Specialized dealers have an assometer.

It measures the width of your sit bones and you can then match that up against an appropriate saddle.

Some people like the gap and others hate it.

Try and find a shop that has Demo saddles (I have seen Fizik and San Marco)

Caerus means you can get your saddle size measured .. not what you and your wife are thanks the hubbers in advance for ... close call there ... could cause a stir pitching up at your LBS asking such an awkward question thumbup1.gif

So true, my bad. lol :lol:

• 4 years later...

Restarting the thread...

my brother wears a size 32 pants (relatively slightly built)... would a 143 mm saddle prove too wide, for those 32 sized men out there?

Want to get him a Specialized Henge 143 saddle... (in my experience, the most comfortable). he is a relatively new to cycling

Some Specialized dealers have an assometer.

It measures the width of your sit bones and you can then match that up against an appropriate saddle.

Some people like the gap and others hate it.

Try and find a shop that has Demo saddles (I have seen Fizik and San Marco)

Go sit on one of these bad boys, will give you a real measurement that you can work with.

Restarting the thread...

my brother wears a size 32 pants (relatively slightly built)... would a 143 mm saddle prove too wide, for those 32 sized men out there?

Want to get him a Specialized Henge 143 saddle... (in my experience, the most comfortable). he is a relatively new to cycling

I'm a skinny size 32 and use a 155 Spez Romin. The narrower ones felt like sitting on a hatchet.

Go get your brother to sit on the assometer as waist size/bulk has little to do with sit bone width.

The saddle profile also plays a large role. A 130 flat saddle could be equivalent to a 140 curved one. The henge is pretty flat from what I recall.

I'm pretty skinny and anything less than around 155mm wide kills me, also consider the seats padding, if your ass bones have no meat on them(ie when you sit on a wooden bench your bones hit the decks/uncomfortable) then you need something like a Wtb Prue (also a wide saddle) that has nice padding if your butt does have meat on it then you can get the appropriate width saddle but with minimalistic padding like most of the Spez saddles.

Seat width is to do with the distance between your ass bones, not so much waist size.

That's like picking shoe size based on your height.

Edited by Patchelicious

Seat width is to do with the distance between your ass bones, not so much waist size.

That's like picking shoe size based on your height.

ya thanks for the advice, he's going in to try out some demo saddles if the bike shop doesnt have an assometer.

I'm also looking for demo saddles in Cape Town.

Currently ride a Phenom 143mm but it's not the most comfortable ride :)