More drawing pins at the Cradle this morning

GuyP

We should compile a list of cyclists that got punctires on saturday and sunday on the hub and use that as a starting point to lay claims.....

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is disgusting! a few puncturing is bad luck but so many puncturing is no coincidence. I would strongly suggest contacting Muldersdrift SAPS.

Wasn't it also that Right to Ride event there as well?

R2R went around the Cradle in the Opposite Direction.

A lot of us know who the culprit "might" be, but may I caution everyone against making slanderous comments without proof. There is no need for us to stoop to his level by taking matters into our own hands just provoking a bad situation into something out of control.

Our group was on the Cradle route quite early on saturday morning and between the eight of us we had seven punctures all caused by drawing pins. At the end of our rather short ride two more pins were taken out of wheels. I will be in touch with Joaquin at Valverde.

Most likely whoever did it has logged on and read this post and got a huge grin pn his face. Whoever it is does not care whether its a cyclists that obeys the rules or not, they just want cyclists to stay off "their roads".

Kinda difficult to blame them when clearly there are still a lot of cyclists out there riding like complete chops. :angry: (Sounds like it is a majority as well.)

Neither owns the road and each has an equal right to use (not abuse) the roads. Perhaps if the cyclists respect the rules of the roads and other road users, the drawing pins would mysteriously disappear.

Of course it could be a bunch of young pranksters having a good laugh at our expense, but so far all I see on this is an arrogant bunch of cyclists crying foul.

Let's face it, if we clean up our act, then we can expect better treatment. Until such time, don't expect much.

Compromise chaps, compromise. (I am sure I am preaching to the converted though. It would never be a hubber riding like a moron.)

where were the tacks? in the 'cycle lane', left of the road or strewn everywhere?

They were on the section from the Kloofzicht circle down the hill and on the Sterkfontein stretch - In both instances mainly in the yellow line section but difficult to say as you only realise a few hundred meters furtheraway that you're wheel are making funny noises or has gone flat

They were on the section from the Kloofzicht circle down the hill and on the Sterkfontein stretch - In both instances mainly in the yellow line section but difficult to say as you only realise a few hundred meters furtheraway that you're wheel are making funny noises or has gone flat

so the 'good' cyclists get punctures while the guys travelling 3, 4 or 5 abreast miss them :thumbdown:

but so far all I see on this is an arrogant bunch of cyclists crying foul.

Slave - seriously man - you lost it - is it right that some innocent cyclists get a puncture - post a comment on the hub and now the concerned cyclists are called arrogant ? Arrogant for the concerned safety of fellow cyclists?

let's get the list as a starting point and i can go with it to the police and see what they say. We also need to make the other residents aware of what happened so that they are in the know. I put my email forward again to do this so please let's just do it.

joaquin at valverde dot co dot za

A lot of the comments made here are arrogant.

Go back a bit and see some of the earlier posts made ad other topics about this whol cradle issue.

The you will see arrogance on both sides. This wont solve the problem. I ride plenty, with groups and I ride solo plenty too. As long as there is a spirit of arrogance and a mentality of "rights" nothing will be solved.

Seriously, I lost it a long time ago (the mind that is) but it doesn't prevent me from seeing this thing from both sides.

But being right doesnt make one tiny bit of difference when it comes to car vs cyclist. The cyclist will loose 101 times out of 100 collisions with a car.

I do not agree with the thumb tacks on the road, but given my experience of how groups ride, I can't say I blame the residents of the cradle. That doesn't make them right though.

This battle isn't new. It's been going on for a long time. It will take compromise on both sides to solve it. ("An eye for an eye, makes the whole world blind." Mhatma Ghandi.)

Kinda difficult to blame them when clearly there are still a lot of cyclists out there riding like complete chops. :angry: (Sounds like it is a majority as well.)

Neither owns the road and each has an equal right to use (not abuse) the roads. Perhaps if the cyclists respect the rules of the roads and other road users, the drawing pins would mysteriously disappear.

Of course it could be a bunch of young pranksters having a good laugh at our expense, but so far all I see on this is an arrogant bunch of cyclists crying foul.

Let's face it, if we clean up our act, then we can expect better tohreatment. Until such time, don't expect much.

Compromise chaps, compromise. (I am sure I am preaching to the converted though. It would never be a hubber riding like a moron.)

The means cannot justify the end, this culture of resorting to thuggery even if it means innocent people are affeceted is not on.

Why is it that this only the cradle residents resort to this type of thuggery. Take the races in Vereeninging, there is practically 1 ever 2 weeks on far busier roads but i dont hear of residents there resorting to ambushing cyclists. 2 weeks ago we rode part of the 94.7 route and there were 100's of cyclists, at 1 long uphill section the road narrowed making it impossible for cars to overtake us, the motorists sat patiently until it was safe, we thanked them with a wave as they passed us and for that we got a hoot and a wave. I suppose we were fortunate none was from the craddle.

By all means flame cyclists misbehaving but dont lump all cyclists into one basket.

I said it in the ''carnage in the cradle'' post but Ill say it again

Its all as a result of everyone disrespecting each other, cyclists do what they like, motorists do what they like.

Until people learn to respect one another and uphold the laws then you gonna have this prob for the rest of time.

cyclists do what they like

Brekkie run to Magalies area. Narrow two lane road. Trucks, taxis, fast cars and faster bikes and you get these idiots. Blocking a whole lane and not giving a **** about it.

Then, later, there was a section that had street signs that indicated it was a bicycle route of sorts although there's no decicated paint marking on the roads or any Metro anywhere to make sure cars don't kill people - same story, the road is theirs. I'm not here to cause any crap, I hardly ever use those roads anyway, but when I did, I was surprised I didn't see ambulances attending to any cyclists.

Trust me when I say that I know all to well what a car can do to a cyclist.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Kkrutch/1-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Kkrutch/2-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/Kkrutch/3-1.jpg

How's that for a first post here :lol: