Stilbaai/Jongensfontein

Skaap

hi guys.

there is a road and mtb event/race at Groot Brak on the 31 December 2010 @ 6h30..

Road:

40km (R85)

20km (R60)

MTB:

55km (R85)

35km (R70)

15km (R60)

i will be there! who else?

There is a nice sircular route of about 60 km.

From Stilbaai to Jongens, take the dirt road to Blombos (right turn close to Jongens). Keep going until you get a right turn to Riversdal(only right turn on road). Keep going until next right turn, also only right turn on road (some nice hills to climb). Keep going back to Stilbaai (awesome last section along river). Some seriuos short climbs.

Enjoy

Yip nice circular route that to accumulate some miles. I'll be in K.kgat (surf spot Stilbaai side of Jongens)from the 2nd and will probably try to ride it a couple fo times.

I'm in Stilbaai this weekend and next weekend and will probably go for a ride, probably Sunday morning. If I do go I'll post on this thread on Saturday evening so keep an eye out. The route will probably be around 70 to 80km of gravel with some interesting sections.

I'm doing a 76km loop tomorrow. Anyone keen on joining me, 08:30 at the Engen garage in Stilbaai. Bring enough to eat and drink. It can get very hot on some of these gravel roads and then you drink a lot more than you realise.

If you're in Stillbaai, consider Grootvadersbosch (Heidelberg) and (MTO) Garcia forest near Riversdale. LOTS of fantastic riding around Riversdale...

• 9 months later...

Yip, like the guys are saying. Jongensfontein and back. I do the route going up the river. I don't know how fit you are, but take enough water. I took me the best part of 3 hours to complete the round trip. There is a shorter route as well. You turn of the road to riversdal and it intersects with the river road. So you can do some k's on tar and the rest on dirt. I know the road to the N2 is a bit dangerous because the Valies drive like maniacs, but I go to the main road and back and then do the Jongensfontein and then to preekstoel in one go. That gives you almost 90km's if my memory serves me well. I just checked my Garmin, 85.98km to be exact.

I must have the other routes on My Garmin, will check and post for you.

post-3902-0-33090600-1319451021.png

• 1 year later...

Nice little informal race, did it last year...

Its called the Windpompsjerrie, organised by 24-7 Adventures and will probably be on 26 December. Not very well advertised but there should be one or 2 posters with info at the local Spar & cafe closer to the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice little informal race, did it last year...

Its called the Windpompsjerrie, organised by 24-7 Adventures and will probably be on 26 December. Not very well advertised but there should be one or 2 posters with info at the local Spar & cafe closer to the time.

I also would like to know the date and if it will happen. I know a few guys who will be keen to ride in Stilbaai.

I looked at 24-7 adventures website and there is nothing there.

There is a group of mountainbikers every year (me included) that rides allmost every morning from the stillbaai bridge @06hoo. Usually between 60-110km routes.

I also would like to know the date and if it will happen. I know a few guys who will be keen to ride in Stilbaai.

I looked at 24-7 adventures website and there is nothing there.

There was nothing on the website last year as well, saw the flyer about the race by accident. VERY informal, we had bike numbers and there were two waterpoints and thats about it, no medals, goodie bags,results,photos etc. Maybe try phoning&emailing them?

There is a group of mountainbikers every year (me included) that rides allmost every morning from the stillbaai bridge @06hoo. Usually between 60-110km routes.

Will be keen to join you guys (maybe not the 110km route though)

There is a race starting at Groot Brak on the 30th Dec.

I saw it advertised in the Bicycling Mag i think.

Looking forward to doing that this year!

Edited by Ranga

Hi Guys

will it be possible to ride gravel or mostly gravel routes from Heidelberg to Stil Baai? or at least from Riversdale to Stilbaai?