SRAM on Ultegra SL Group

I-FELT-the-FORCE

Just a quick question folks,

I really like to look of the Sram Shifters but am running 2009 Ultegra SL all round at the moment. Just wanting to know whether to Sram shifters are going to be compatible with my groupset, would the double tap system still function? Would it have a negative influence on my shifting?

Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated.

The shifters are not compatable to the derailures..........you need to replace the derailures as well.

The shifters are not compatable to the derailures..........you need to replace the derailures as well.

Also looking at doing this. Is it not only the rear one that should be changed? I'm sure there have been a few discussions around this in Tech?

yes only RD really has to change.

FD will work 100% and the crank and cassettes all the same.

Actuation of your brakes may not be exactly as designed but they will work

Have also done a fair amount more investigation. The Shifters need a defferent amount of tension in order to change the RD, so that would need to be changed, otherwise, you can still run the Cassette and FD and the Crank. Seems a bit pointless though, might as well do a full SRam Red upgrade ans sell off my Ultegra SL's :unsure:

I'm doing the part by part upgrade, not in a hurry so I can wait for good deals to come around. Next on the list is a set of shifters.

On the SRAM thing. Depending how competitive you are. SRAM Force is also a viable option. Comes in at a better price point and not that much heavier than Red. My 2c

Force is probably the best value for money groupset at the moment. It is far lighter than anything else in it's price range and is probably on par with Dura Ace/Chorus and is half their prices.

I would not even consider getting Red as Force is about R5 000 cheaper and the differences are so minimal (certainly not R5 000 worth of differences)

Force is probably the best value for money groupset at the moment. It is far lighter than anything else in it's price range and is probably on par with Dura Ace/Chorus and is half their prices.

I would not even consider getting Red as Force is about R5 000 cheaper and the differences are so minimal (certainly not R5 000 worth of differences)

The super sexy RED is worth the extra R5000 for its looks alone :clap: