MTB Tire pressures

Swift01

Hi,

I have often wondered what tires and pressure people run. Here are my stats

Bike = Carbon Hard Tail

Rider Weight = max 74kg

Front = Intense System 2 (2bliss running gheto style) 26 x 2.0 at 1.75bar

Rear = Kenda Small Block 8 (non tubeless gheto style) 26 x 2.1 at 1.9 to 2.0 bar

Been running this for some time now with no problems. I just find running non tubeless your margin for getting the tire pressure correct is very small.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im the same weight, with a carbon soft tail..

ride with 2 bar in front and 2.2 in back on LUST crossmarks :P

Im the same weight, with a carbon soft tail..

ride with 2 bar in front and 2.2 in back on LUST crossmarks :P

How are you guys finding the Lust Crossmarx front?

Through mine away after a week and converted to monorail... Much better handling?

Riding a Anttem X2, dual

Running Lust monorail front - 1.9

Running Lust crossmarx back at 2.2

Tried cross marks (Lust and non) about 6 months back, but could not get them to work for me :-(

Why not? not handling?

How are you guys finding the Lust Crossmarx front?

Through mine away after a week and converted to monorail... Much better handling?

Riding a Anttem X2, dual

Running Lust monorail front - 1.9

Running Lust crossmarx back at 2.2

i really like it hey!! works for me no probs!! even in the hectic mud on the weekend i was impressed with it! See you use the same pressure tho ;) :clap:

Alum FS

Weight 80kgs

Conti Mountain Kings front and back - 2bar

Race Kings or these def my next tire!!! :clap:

I could not get the crossmark to corner, gave no confidence. Changed to Kenda small block 8 front and back which was not too bad (definately better), and now got the Intense on the front which seems to work even better.

I also could not get the mountain king to work some time back, but I believe they are best when the track is a little damp, and not loose hard pack gravel?

Tires are definately a very personal choice so it's going to be interesting what different tires pressures etc people are using. :unsure:

I could not get the crossmark to corner, gave no confidence. Changed to Kenda small block 8 front and back which was not too bad (definately better), and now got the Intense on the front which seems to work even better.

I also could not get the mountain king to work some time back, but I believe they are best when the track is a little damp, and not loose hard pack gravel?

not a hundred percent sure on that one but race kings i think my next set :D suprised crossmarks were your worst when i love them :D

I'm weird.

Running crossmark UST up front and Race king protection at the rear. Pressure: Around 2.8bar for both on my carbon HT.

I like the speed of the 2.8bar

Recently I've been riding at around 2.1bar, thinking more of grip now

Oh yeah, I weigh 67kg

Edited by stewie911

i really like it hey!! works for me no probs!! even in the hectic mud on the weekend i was impressed with it! See you use the same pressure tho ;) :clap:

If you like the crossmarks on the front then try monorail when you need to change!!! Confidence is great and you can really push the tyre in corners, especially if you brave enough to ride it at about 1.5 bar :clap:

I LOVE MTB :clap: :clap: :clap: Why am I at work! :thumbdown: