Traffic Demerit Sysytem - Will it work here

Caerus

I constantly see people have a go at Taxi's and yes some do drive like idiots. However, I see more so called educated people breaking the law than taxi drivers and as we all know (and I am generalising) that most Taxi drivers did not receive a proper education.

So what is our their excuse?

We don't need Police Officials to contstantly watch over us that is why we should act like adults and only receive our licenses at the age of 18.

If we all just did the right thing, it will help tremendously!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/89561-finally-some-sense/page__p__1220457__hl__finally__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=1220457

Edited by Captain Slow

It will never work. The taxi industry controls the roads and the workforce and if they get the unions on their side then its certainly doomed...!

AARTO is not lekker

A business owner becomes responsible to baby sit his drivers,check their points etc.

You are liable if they drive wihout points.

It however cost you R?? per enquiry and a wait in a moerse queue.

My biggest pet peeve is morons who drive with thier kids standing on the front seat :cursing:

this really grates me! I stood next to a woman a while back at a traffic light and her daughter was almost standing on the dash and both did not have belts on. When I asked if she really Loved her daughter and when I told her why I am asking the question....well let me tell you, I have never heard such great French words in all my life!

I constantly see people have a go at Taxi's and yes some do drive like idiots. However, I see more so called educated people breaking the law than taxi drivers and as we all know (and I am generalising) that most Taxi drivers did not receive a proper education.

So what is our their excuse?

We don't need Police Officials to contstantly watch over us that is why we should act like adults and only receive our licenses at the age of 18.

If we all just did the right thing, it will help tremendously!

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/89561-finally-some-sense/page__p__1220457__hl__finally__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=1220457

Agreed, that article, yes. And the best is the complainant's daughter was arrested. Nice example dude.

anyway. It could work, it could have worked a long time ago had the fines increase with inflation. Uhm, I know of people who budget for fines becuase its such a joke. My system would, oh, speeding once, 75 in 60k, R200. oH, again 75 in 60, R400. 100 in 80, R1000... nail the repeaters and nail them hard.

then , adding the demirit to this, you're gonna make a sh*tload of money as well. Also add to the equation, the value/age of a car. It works like a bomb overseas.

Im sure the taxi industry actually control the entire country - They can get away with anything :angry: Cant tax the bastards either, they just get free ride