How long should a carbon frame last

Vetseun

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy Id love to whip Jules big black ass

This? After I give you advice to hide from Comrade Jules as he doesn't seem to like "Agents". Be careful as he will build the wooden railings on your mountain but since he got like 20% for woodwork I wouldn't trust them. ;)

Btw, with everyone on your mountain I think it will indeed end up as "brokeback" mountain. Poor mountain will collapse. :lol:

Thats a good weight, save a big on the pedals and you get close to 7kg

RC8000C had it weighed with pedals and bottle cages 7.3kg. Stupid shimano pedals.

Last time I saw El Pistolero was just before I dropped him on a climb. Oh did I mention Im a climber, light and fast

Mr. Agent surely you should know that Contador only eats contaminated meat.......you must have seen him at the steak house :P :P

Gonna get the new keo blades from my LBS for R2000. That'll drop the weight. Wish I could ride tubbies, but don't like not being able to fix a puncture on the side of the road.

Carefull or Ill eat your energy bar and steal your 32GI.

Do you think the Bloody Agent has a sense of humor ???

He's going to take you up the mountain and ........

:o :o :o :o

Lekker man that sounds good. Always bad when you start nearing weight limit, costs plenty to save a couple of grams.For R2000.00 Id also do that upgrade

Gonna get the new keo blades from my LBS for R2000. That'll drop the weight. Wish I could ride tubbies, but don't like not being able to fix a puncture on the side of the road.

Da Agent fears no mountain, eva

When the agent gets momentum, not even a mountain should be able to stop him!

3 pages and still no answer! What about carbon frames losing stiffness after a few years due to stress at a micro-level - making them less stiff.

Same thing was said about alu frames.

So keep it for five years - then sell it on the Hub.

Hey gents,

Lay off the Agent,he looks like a fine figure of a man (or men).

Hope you all have great week end

Sarge

Carbon does not suffer from metal fatigue. Thus if you dont crash it and crack the frame it will litteraly last forever. Alu does take metal stress and will eventually break. To sum it up, the new A380's wings are made of carbon fibre...